Understanding Article 22.4

Max11bace

I have have been given conflicting information as to what the pay rate for an article 22.4 is. When driving, starting pay is $20.50, that is clear in the contract. What isn't clear is what the pay rate should be if you are not driving. When you must work in the preload/reload, does one's pay rate convert back to the original part-time warehouse rate? Basically, that's the way it was explained to me. Does anyone have any more information to add to this?

JJinVA

Its the same rate. The only ppl who get paid different rates (air driver, ground driver, preload) are temps. 22.4s get one rate no matter what. This is also why they try not to use 22.4s in preload because theyre paying you over 20 an hour when they could be paying another person 14

Max11bace

As a 22.4 how much time are spending in the hub
I am not 22.4 yet. I wanted to find out as much as I can due to lack of info given to me by my hr team. I have been offered a 22.4 spot and will start my training soon, but it's a position no one really knows much about at my center. I am just trying to prepare myself in case they keep me in the warehouse more often than driving. I want to drive, but you just never know what they will do with you.

JJinVA

I am not 22.4 yet. I wanted to find out as much as I can due to lack of info given to me by my hr team. I have been offered a 22.4 spot and will start my training soon, but it's a position no one really knows much about at my center. I am just trying to prepare myself in case they keep me in the warehouse more often than driving. I want to drive, but you just never know what they will do with you.

Since I became a 22.4, I have only been in the warehouse twice, and even then it was only because I came in early and was helping run EAMs. They didnt need me for EAMs on those days and said they needed help in unload so I punched in and got paid my driver rate. Though my rate was $27.14/hr because I qualified as a temp before I became 22.4, which is why I encourage ppl to go that route first. Unless you have negotiation skills like this guy...

Seymour Packages

Understand that 22.4 exists to provide the company with discount drivers as well as supplement warehouse workers in rare circumstances. It's a way into a fulltime job with benefits, driving almost every day, and a pathway to become a RPCD. See it for what it is. You WILL get used and abused, however, bear with it until you can bid into an RPCD job.

kxs783kms

kxs783
Since I became a 22.4, I have only been in the warehouse twice, and even then it was only because I came in early and was helping run EAMs. They didnt need me for EAMs on those days and said they needed help in unload so I punched in and got paid my driver rate. Though my rate was $27.14/hr because I qualified as a temp before I became 22.4, which is why I encourage ppl to go that route first. Unless you have negotiation skills like this guy...

Yep! Glad I came out of Intergrad as an Air driver first and not a 22.4. Now I'm red circled at $32/hr for the next 3 years until my progression catches up. Crazy that I'll be getting paid $12/hr more than a driver that I have less seniority than but I definitely won't complain.

PizzaToUps

We hired way too many 22.4 employees and about half have been laid off due to the drop in volume from the stimulus running out. The 22.4s that I have talked to said they are being paid their garbage inside rate and not their driving rate because they were laid off and not scheduled to work in the hub. Management is using this loophole to screw them over. Such a terrible contract

handleubb29392

Understand that 22.4 exists to provide the company with discount drivers as well as supplement warehouse workers in rare circumstances. It's a way into a fulltime job with benefits, driving almost every day, and a pathway to become a RPCD. See it for what it is. You WILL get used and abused, however, bear with it until you can bid into an RPCD job.
I'm not sure how it's different being part-time I feel used and abused