UPS facing $73k penalty in Louisville worker safety case

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS facing $73k penalty in Louisville worker safety case - WDRB

UPS faces more than $73,000 in fines after inspectors uncovered workplace-safety violations at a Grade Lane hangar at Louisville International Airport, a federal database shows.

It is the steepest penalty levied against the package-delivery company in at least the last five years, according to a WDRB News analysis of online U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration records.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
At my old center, this was always a problem.

At the airport, the air drivers are expected to:

Either lift packages, including O/70's, over their heads, or, keep them close to chest level, but walk up adjacent painter's ladders without any hand hold, due to the fact they're holding a 100+ lb package.

Why there are not more fines all over the country is amazing.

worldwide

UPS facing $73k penalty in Louisville worker safety case - WDRB

UPS faces more than $73,000 in fines after inspectors uncovered workplace-safety violations at a Grade Lane hangar at Louisville International Airport, a federal database shows.

It is the steepest penalty levied against the package-delivery company in at least the last five years, according to a WDRB News analysis of online U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration records.

Just to keep this in perspective, this is the highest fine for UPS in 2016 in the state but NOT the highest fine that was handed out in the state. "The $73,800 penalty issued to UPS is the third-highest levied in Kentucky in 2016, according to U.S. Department of Labor records. Lexington armored car company Garda CL Central incurred a $103,400 fine and Henderson, Ky. company Gibbs Die Casting Corporation received a $91,000 fine." Anyone outraged at UPS for this should be more outraged at the other two companies since OSHA felt compelled to give them higher penalties for their penalties. Not saying UPS does not deserve to be fined when they violate the rules (any company does), but in 2016 there were two other offenders in the state that were deemed "worse offenders" than UPS.

newfie

mechanic lift trucks? I would be curious to see how many aircraft mechanics do a proper pre-trip and raise the lift completely when pretripping the equipment.

newfie

Why? How does the other two companies violations correlate with (our) UPS fines discussion?

congrats on being the brown café derail champion. looks like you worked hard to earn that honor

1. Austin.Was.My.Hero rated your post
    clear.png
    Derail in the thread A Tainted Election Equals A Tainted PE.
  2. good to see you giving yourself some counseling.
  3. 40 minutes ago
  4. Austin.Was.My.Hero rated your post
    clear.png

you should educate yourself instead of desperately trying to hang onto another one of these media created Trump attacks.

40 minutes ago
  5. Austin.Was.My.Hero rated MAKAVELI's post
    clear.png

Do you need a safe place to cry snowflake?:sad-very:

41 minutes ago
  6. Austin.Was.My.Hero rated your post
    clear.png
    Derail in the thread UPS facing $73k penalty in Louisville worker safety case.

mechanic lift trucks? I would be curious to see how many aircraft mechanics do a proper pre-trip and raise the lift completely when...

Yesterday at 7:12 PM
  7. Austin.Was.My.Hero replied to the thread UPS facing $73k penalty in Louisville worker safety case.
    Why? How does the other two companies violations correlate with (our) UPS fines discussion?

Yesterday at 2:41 PM
  8. Austin.Was.My.Hero rated worldwide's post
    clear.png

watdaflock?

Hi pot, meet kettle.
  1. oday

1. newfie quoted your post in the thread UPS facing $73k penalty in Louisville worker safety case.
      5:40 PM

2. worldwide rated your post
      clear.png

7:41 AM
  2. Yesterday

1. newfie rated your post
      clear.png

8:24 PM

2. newfie replied to the thread UPS facing $73k penalty in Louisville worker safety case. There may be more posts after this.
      6:51 PM

3. newfie rated your post
      clear.png