We have a small garden. Is that bragging?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Anyone tried the upside down hanging tomato cage thingies? Put water/plant in and they grow out the bottom? We had two and as far as I can tell, about $30 per tomato.....
Did you get like a third of a tomato?

First off, gimmicky gardening is just dumb.
It's grown right side up forever. No, you did not find a better system for growing plants.

Secondly, people who spend massive amounts of money building a garden are the same people who think that buying expensive golf clubs because they blame the clubs on their rotten game.

No.
Your garden didn't grow because you had bad dirt, bum seeds, or didn't take care of it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

It's grown right side up forever. No, you did not find a better system for growing plants.

Secondly, people who spend massive amounts of money building a garden are the same people who think that buying expensive golf clubs because they blame the clubs on their rotten game.

No.
Your garden didn't grow because you had bad dirt, bum seeds, or didn't take care of it.
He gets very upset when you criticize him
Please keep this in mind:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

quad decade guy

No.

Got it. Wife's idea. I just said whatever. I agree with most of that. I'm not sure what "massive amounts of money" is. Third of a tomato? No. Got a few. Our gardens usually make so much that we can't give it away, you know grocery sacks full. Such hostility....

quad decade guy

I think the planting thing was figured out long ago.
When you sod your yard remember "green side up."

Got it. However, hydroponics seem to be very successful. It's tough to grow tomatoes here as it it's really hot and humid. They just burn up...no matter what. Especially July and August.

rod

Retired 23 years
We had our first frost a couple weeks ago so we don't have to worry about stupid gardens anymore.