Worn boots

preloader20

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix or repair this hole? Both boots have formed this rip/hole and it seems like the composite toe has caused it to cut and wear out the leather. (I've worn these daily for almost 4 months)
wolverinehole.JPG

trickpony1

The OP didn't bother to mention the brand name of the boots and if he had called/emailed the manufacturer to see if there is a warranty.

Google is your friend.

Hope this helps.

preloader20

The OP didn't bother to mention the brand name of the boots and if he had called/emailed the manufacturer to see if there is a warranty.

Google is your friend.

Hope this helps.
Wolverine Bandit 6" - I already have a replacement I received through warranty but I would like to get more use out of my first pair as they still have lots of life left in the soles.

trickpony1

The OP may want to ask the cobbler if there is something he can apply to the leather so it remains soft and flexible.
The pictured boot appears to be very dry.
Dry leather cracks easily.

Hope this helps.

quad decade guy

Red Wing stores will have a glue on toe cap. It helps protect steel toe boots as the toes will wear out faster than the rest of the boot. I don't know if it will cover back that far. But give it a try. Might find the toe piece at a local shoe repair shop or online. Check it out.