Your Amazon $ subscription is going to demolish US retail.

Thebrownblob

Expect mortar commercial to get wiped.
Brick and mortar is wiping their selves out. I cannot simply go to the store and get what I need. They never have it. That’s their fault not mine. Tell me I have to order it from their website then why do I even bother with the store?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Brick and mortar is wiping their selves out. I cannot simply go to the store and get what I need. They never have it. That’s their fault not mine. Tell me I have to order it from their website then why do I even bother with the store?
Starting to get the feeling they don't even want you shopping there. They push online order with store pickup or delivery from store really hard now.

Fast food restaurants made the switch years ago. They don't want you going in to eat, they made the inside institutional and boring. Now even in the drive thru the first thing they ask is if you're picking up a mobile order.

Appvol

Starting to get the feeling they don't even want you shopping there. They push online order with store pickup or delivery from store really hard now.

Fast food restaurants made the switch years ago. They don't want you going in to eat, they made the inside institutional and boring. Now even in the drive thru the first thing they ask is if you're picking up a mobile order.
What crazy about fast food places you download the App order what you want and it’s cheaper than if you went inside for the same food.

oldngray

nowhere special
What crazy about fast food places you download the App order what you want and it’s cheaper than if you went inside for the same food.
when-you-dont-tip.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

If I go to eat somewhere and the dining room is closed I get right back in my car and leave.

Box Ox

Half the :censored2: on Scamazon is already nameless Chinese-made stuff anyway. It's like Aliexpress with middleman markup.

Yeah, I'm not thinking this will be a big change. If I want to be pretty sure a product isn't a knock off or a return I'll typically buy it from a place like Best Buy (they price match Amazon) or Costco. Amazon flooding the market with even more Chinese crap might actually help more trusted US retailers.

Thebrownblob

Yeah, I'm not thinking this will be a big change. If I want to be pretty sure a product isn't a knock off or a return I'll typically buy it from a place like Best Buy (they price match Amazon) or Costco. Amazon flooding the market with even more Chinese crap might actually help more trusted US retailers.
You would think so and then I look in the back of my UPS delivery truck and see mountains of Temu

Box Ox

You would think so and then I look in the back of my UPS delivery truck and see mountains of Temu

Maybe Amazon is seeing how much more expensive life has gotten for people over the past few years and is making the right move to preserve market share. People might just have to opt for the cheapest crap they can find going forward.