Does Blackrock have a better 401k option than UPS/Teamsters 401k?

Over70irregs

I bought some Ethereum at $230 and I've done great with it. The other coins, another story. I'm up three times my actual cash investment.
ETH or ETH classic? It failed and the “owner” started a new chain at his leisure. How are the gas ⛽️ fees? I’m not familiar with that process. Is it moveable from wallet to wallet?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ETH or ETH classic? It failed and the “owner” started a new chain at his leisure. How are the gas ⛽️ fees? I’m not familiar with that process.
The original ETH, I did stake it. When I first started looking at crypto, most of the other coins seemed to be designed to work with it. I wish I had only bought that and Bitcoin. I just play around with it a little bit, I might not look at my Coinbase app for months at a time. Coinbase was a bad stock at it's IPO, I sold mine at a loss. I honestly don't know what gas fees are, I'm not a fanatic about crypto.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The original ETH, I did stake it. When I first started looking at crypto, most of the other coins seemed to be designed to work with it. I wish I had only bought that and Bitcoin. I just play around with it a little bit, I might not look at my Coinbase app for months at a time. Coinbase was a bad stock at it's IPO, I sold mine at a loss. I honestly don't know what gas fees are, I'm not a fanatic about crypto.
Bought some coinbase stock not longer after the FTX collapse and oddly enough it's outperformed all my actual crypto holdings. Go figure.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Bought some coinbase stock not longer after the FTX collapse and oddly enough it's outperformed all my actual crypto holdings. Go figure.
My mistake was buying it opening day, I paid too much for it. I've learned that it's smarter to wait a little while and give an investment time to stabilize. I've done alright with AMG and Amazon, I've been thinking about selling AMG while its high. Stocks that pay out dividends are better than those that don't. That's why my advisor tells me to hang onto UPS.

oldngray

nowhere special
My mistake was buying it opening day, I paid too much for it. I've learned that it's smarter to wait a little while and give an investment time to stabilize. I've done alright with AMG and Amazon, I've been thinking about selling AMG while its high. Stocks that pay out dividends are better than those that don't. That's why my advisor tells me to hang onto UPS.
IPO's are for big investors. By the time the little guys can buy the price has already shot up. Better to wait and buy on the bounce.

Over70irregs

Bitcoin only. But you learn a bunch by default. My 💩 coins burned me good. I would replace fanatic with focused. Getting burned teaches you. Especially when other assets are collapsing into Bitcoin. They don’t hide it either. They let you know….. for example ▶️ May 3-24
1714754549531.png

Over70irregs

Gas fees. The owner-CEO of Eth regularly dumps coins on the market and launders them on Coinbase. He changed from being a copy of Bitcoin to staking He is sponsored by government
1714755462039.png

Over70irregs

Your statement is wrong, and Bitcoin is speculative and not a replacement for proper retirement planning.
Now imagine trying to make a switch for customers without letting on most of your services are no longer needed. Think physical 25c payphone to mobile cellular. If it went too quickly panic would set in. Now visualize UPS going from paper pad stops to DIAD versions. People fought it then assimilated. Now is decision time. Your kids/grandkids will ask you why you didn’t grab control when you had the chance? Instead you left them with an iou paper 1T+/100 days derivative. Apple Microsoft Google can be replaced. Digital scarcity can only have one Genesis like the bible. Even the 4 gospels have similar versions of events. But there is one beginning. Everything else is an addendum/side piece.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Now imagine trying to make a switch for customers without letting on most of your services are no longer needed. Think physical 25c payphone to mobile cellular. If it went too quickly panic would set in. Now visualize UPS going from paper pad stops to DIAD versions. People fought it then assimilated. Now is decision time. Your kids/grandkids will ask you why you didn’t grab control when you had the chance? Instead you left them with an iou paper 1T+/100 days derivative. Apple Microsoft Google can be replaced. Digital scarcity can only have one Genesis like the bible. Even the 4 gospels have similar versions of events. But there is one beginning. Everything else is an addendum/side piece.
If we want to talk about the Genesis moment, it would be Digicash. Many, many years before Bitcoin.

"Digital scarcity". Lmao. Bitcoin's hard cap is able to be voted on. As is the block rewards, and literally any other part of it.

Your future is in the hands of democratic voting. One full node, one full vote.
Turns out there are roughly 20,000 voters worldwide controlling the existence of your futuristic economy.

Over70irregs

If we want to talk about the Genesis moment, it would be Digicash. Many, many years before Bitcoin.

"Digital scarcity". Lmao. Bitcoin's hard cap is able to be voted on. As is the block rewards, and literally any other part of it.

Turns out there are roughly 20,000 voters worldwide controlling the existence of your futuristic economy.
The learning continues. If only our political system was as efficient…..
Meanwhile you don’t need TA classes to understand 6.25 is now 3.125….. do you wait? Or make a move? Or wait…. You are stacking aren’t you? Anyone that responds like you have cannot unsee the truth . You dirty dog. I should have known
1714837574406.png

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The learning continues. If only our political system was as efficient…..
Meanwhile you don’t need TA classes to understand 6.25 is now 3.125….. do you wait? Or make a move? Or wait…. You are stacking aren’t you? Anyone that responds like you have cannot unsee the truth . You dirty dog. I should have known View attachment 482704
I haven't run a full node since the blockchain size was under 200 GB.

Too many people taking it from what it is, a useful tool for certain use cases, and trying to turn it into a religion.

Over70irregs

I haven't run a full node since the blockchain size was under 200 GB.

Too many people taking it from what it is, a useful tool for certain use cases, and trying to turn it into a religion.
I think people see basic intrinsic values that they relate to religion. Kinda like apostle Paul going to different areas preaching the gospel according to his audience. Everyone has different needs.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster

Those concerns are also addressed in “The Bitcoin Standard.” Incentive is a power tool.

Over70irregs

401k/Pension needs to get moving. We are in red circle now. Block reward will be in purple in 8 years. It will be less than 1 BTC. Even a small % carve out would be grand. I know they follow this site
1714870165252.jpeg