Moe69

I hit a dog that ran into the street. I stopped got out and talk to the lady. I had no idea I had to call it in as an accident. They terminated for not reporting an accident. I have a clean record with UPS. Is there anybody else that has been in my situation?

wayfair

swollen member
I hit a dog that ran into the street. I stopped got out and talk to the lady. I had no idea I had to call it in as an accident. They terminated for not reporting an accident. I have a clean record with UPS. Is there anybody else that has been in my situation?

why didn't you call your center?

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm betting you will be given a couple of days at home to think about what a bad boy you've been and then will be called back----------------unless you are a real friend-up---then its the excuse they've been looking for.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes. I have. Unfortunately I ran a dog over and killed it one time. I also called the police on myself, and called my center manager immediately. Never got charged with an accident. It shook me up pretty good though, I kept thinking, what if that had been a person?

Over 70

My on car said hitting a dog in the street will never be your fault but in someone's driveway will get you in hot water because "we're not supposed to be in driveways" as we're driving down a mile long driveway in the country....

Obviously I'd call the center in either case don't know why you wouldnt.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
It is the responsibility of the dog owner to keep the animal out of the street. Unfortunately, most do not see it that way. They see it as a way to make a quick buck off UPS.
Why aren't cats an accident? OR birds?
But DOGS, they are an accident at UPS

542thruNthru

Why would he call the police? He said he talked to the owner.

You hit something. It doesn't matter if it was a water balloon I'd still call my center.

wayfair

swollen member
Why would he call the police? He said he talked to the owner.

You hit something. It doesn't matter if it was a water balloon I'd still call my center.

there's a town just North of me that has this city ordinance

Duty of Driver upon Striking a Pet Animal:

Every operator of a self-propelled vehicle upon the ways of this State open to the public shall immediately upon injuring or striking a pet animal shall give aid to such animal or immediately notify the Animal Control Officer or Police Officer, furnishing sufficient facts relative to such injury. Any person violating this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum fine of two hundred dollars ($200).

Guthrie ordinance amendment makes drivers accountable if animal is struck by vehicle

542thruNthru

there's a town just North of me that has this city ordinance

Duty of Driver upon Striking a Pet Animal:

Every operator of a self-propelled vehicle upon the ways of this State open to the public shall immediately upon injuring or striking a pet animal shall give aid to such animal or immediately notify the Animal Control Officer or Police Officer, furnishing sufficient facts relative to such injury. Any person violating this section is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum fine of two hundred dollars ($200).

Guthrie ordinance amendment makes drivers accountable if animal is struck by vehicle

Then it would make sense to call the police where you are.

Though guthrie OK is a some what small town. Police have nothing to do out there. ;)

E

el blanco

always call it in, something minor, something major...

make the call