Forge coming to Express.

bacha29

Get ready to deliver ovens, fridges, and steel mattress frames
For the same pay or possibly less since money's tight
And don't forget the truck bumpers, backhoe buckets. compressors etc. Anything they can steal off the LTL's regardless of weight and dimension limits. It's a truck spring manufacturers dream come true and chiropractors are grinning like possums.

FedupExpress

And don't forget the truck bumpers, backhoe buckets. compressors etc. Anything they can steal off the LTL's regardless of weight and dimension limits. It's a truck spring manufacturers dream come true and chiropractors are grinning like possums.
It only makes sense, my manager said this would happen as well.

They are not going to overload just the ground guys, splitting up the freight/workload for the same pay is the ticket.

Artee

So it sounds like Express is going back to its roots. Long before Ground we used to deliver all the big bulky stuff as an Express driver. Newer employees think Express was just delivering 10lb boxes and overnight letters. 25+ years ago we used to do it all. Sounds like it might be a shock to the newer drivers, but any guys with seniority know how it used to be.

zeev

I had this heavyweight auto parts pickup, I kept trying to load these pallets and they said no that goes with Ground, some of these parts were heavy but they said Ground can handle it

zeev

So it sounds like Express is going back to its roots. Long before Ground we used to deliver all the big bulky stuff as an Express driver. Newer employees think Express was just delivering 10lb boxes and overnight letters. 25+ years ago we used to do it all. Sounds like it might be a shock to the newer drivers, but any guys with seniority know how it used to be.
They never delivered the kind of stuff Ground delivers now

yadig

Express isn’t going back to its roots, it’s being dissolved!

Aquaman

Express isn’t going back to its roots, it’s being dissolved!
It really is alarming how many Express employees think this merge is going to fail and they’ll all be safe. All the “legacy station” crap they’re being told. It’s honestly sad. The company has expressed zero…. I mean ZERO desire or commitment to ease Express employees worries. Some of us might have longer than others. 2-5 years before some stations close. But make no mistake, the FedEx One driver, in the one truck per neighborhood, is going to be a contracted driver.

yadig

It really is alarming how many Express employees think this merge is going to fail and they’ll all be safe. All the “legacy station” crap they’re being told. It’s honestly sad. The company has expressed zero…. I mean ZERO desire or commitment to ease Express employees worries. Some of us might have longer than others. 2-5 years before some stations close. But make no mistake, the FedEx One driver, in the one truck per neighborhood, is going to be a contracted driver.
What happens to heavyweight? Rtd’s in general?

It will be fine

They haven’t shown us Ground guys any commitment to ease our worries either. They DGAF about anyone.