Israel

Box Ox

the protests are working

View attachment 482988

What does “met protesters’ demands to disclose and cut ties with war crimes and genocide” even mean when you’re talking about a university?

Seems like the university is just giving those babies a pacifier so they’ll stop crying. It doesn’t actually mean anything.

“In a later Instagram story, RTC clarified that Purchase had “not divested from Israel,” but had met the group’s demands “to disclose and cut ties with war crimes and genocide.”

rickyb

What does “met protesters’ demands to disclose and cut ties with war crimes and genocide” even mean when you’re talking about a university?

Seems like the university is just giving those babies a pacifier so they’ll stop crying. It doesn’t actually mean anything.

“In a later Instagram story, RTC clarified that Purchase had “not divested from Israel,” but had met the group’s demands “to disclose and cut ties with war crimes and genocide.”
Dogs are smarter than most ppl. dogs know if they whine theyre more likely to get wat they want

The protests are working!!!

Box Ox

Dogs are smarter than most ppl. dogs know if they whine theyre more likely to get wat they want

The protests are working!!!

Ok. Tell me what the protestors actually got in this case. How do you know the protests are working? You’re not even getting university divestment.

Maybe you and your comrades are being played for fools. Maybe attention is all you really want and a meeting with university officials is enough?

oldngray

nowhere special
Ok. Tell me what the protestors actually got in this case. How do you know the protests are working? You’re not even getting university divestment. Maybe you and your comrades are being played for fools.
The majority of protestors aren't even students. Just paid to be there.

rickyb

Ok. Tell me what the protestors actually got in this case. How do you know the protests are working? You’re not even getting university divestment.

Maybe you and your comrades are being played for fools. Maybe attention is all you really want and a meeting with university officials is enough?
or maybe they keep going on the uni divests

Box Ox

or maybe they keep going on the uni divests

Why would they say the university won't be divesting but that it had agreed to "every single demand" if they planned to keep pushing for divestment? 4-D chess?

They're a bunch of spoiled brats who above all other things just want attention and to feel like they have a purpose in life. Meeting with university officials already gave them both of those things.

rickyb

Why would they say the university won't be divesting but that it had agreed to "every single demand" if they planned to keep pushing for divestment? 4-D chess?

They're a bunch of spoiled brats who above all other things just want attention and to feel like they have a purpose in life. Meeting with university officials already gave them both of those things.
the students are sacrificing their careers, their education, its hard to get into these schools, their parents might disagree,

Box Ox

“In a later Instagram story, RTC clarified that Purchase had “not divested from Israel"
maybe they keep going on the uni divests

the students are sacrificing their careers, their education, its hard to get into these schools, their parents might disagree,

Why are you answering my question with a non sequitur?

Doing illegal things can sacrifice one's career anywhere and in any case. Even if everyone around you agrees with you nearly all of the time as is typically the case on university campuses. It's not brave. It's stupid.

rickyb

Doing illegal things can sacrifice one's career anywhere and in any case. Even if everyone around you agrees with you nearly all of the time as is typically the case on university campuses. It's not brave. It's stupid.
doing legal things can sacrifice ones career too ;)

its very brave.

you called into question the student character. i responded.

Box Ox

doing legal things can sacrifice ones career too ;)

its very brave.

Give me one example of a protesting student who was not doing something illegal being arrested.

you called into question the student character. i responded.

They are spoiled brats who are risking their careers through the commission of illegal acts.

You didn't answer my question regarding why you think students will continue to push for divestment at SUNY Purchase.

rickyb

Give me one example of a protesting student who was not doing something illegal being arrested.

They are spoiled brats who are risking their careers through the commission of illegal acts.

You didn't answer my question regarding why you think students will continue to push for divestment at SUNY Purchase.
you think theyre going to give up without divestment?

why are the spoiled? how do you know theyre not in debt for school?

im shocked you think cops dont just arrest people for no reason...

rickyb

satan lives
1715120855427.png