New Social Security bill

vantexan

Your pension isn’t paying people that never put in a dime. SS is paying plenty that just take,never gave. That person getting the $4873 paid for them.
You have to have contributed for 10 quarters to receive a payment. Exception would be stay at home spouses who are eligible for half their spouse's benefit.

rickyb

He's not against raising his standard of living but the money supply will run out if they do not make some adjustments
i posted a ted talk, the guy said SS is for people who actually need it not wealthy people lol, but anyways in the video corporate taxes were cut by 50%, and top marginal income tax was cut by about 60%.

or they could cut the war budget.

i posted a ted talk, the guy said SS is for people who actually need it not wealthy people lol, but anyways in the video corporate taxes were cut by 50%, and top marginal income tax was cut by about 60%.

or they could cut the war budget.
With what's going on around the world right now you definitely do not want to cut your war budget

The biggest problem with social security is people are living a lot longer

With social security first started 90 years ago most people only lived a few years after they started collecting

Not many people are living 20, 30 plus years while collecting social security

rickyb

With what's going on around the world right now you definitely do not want to cut your war budget

The biggest problem with social security is people are living a lot longer

With social security first started 90 years ago most people only lived a few years after they started collecting

Not many people are living 20, 30 plus years while collecting social security
yea i agree people are living longer but thats a benefit of living in 2024 vs 1930

the war budget is out of control

yea i agree people are living longer but thats a benefit of living in 2024 vs 1930

The war budget comes from federal taxes not from social security money

In the United States we get taxed 6.2% of our income and it goes to the social security fund
Also our employer must match what we put in

No the baby boomers are retiring there is more people taking out when people putting in
So they need to make some adjustments now before the problem gets too bad

rickyb

The war budget comes from federal taxes not from social security money

In the United States we get taxed 6.2% of our income and it goes to the social security fund
Also our employer must match what we put in

No the baby boomers are retiring there is more people taking out when people putting in
So they need to make some adjustments now before the problem gets too bad
richard wolff says you can tax income on interest, tax dividends, tax capital gains

basically he says just tax the rich. says income taxes are down, SS taxes are up. SS tax is a flat tax and regressive after 147k.

rickyb

They was being proactive because they could see the writing on the wall
If they did not address this issue now it may be out of control down the line
the president of france is corrupt and france almost had an extremist come into power. at least theyre well organized in france to fight back. they may have lost the retirement battle for now.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
why are you against improvements in standards of living?
It's a old age pension. Sixty Three is not old age anymore. When the system was implemented, life expectancy beyond 65 wasn't very much.

System is broken. It’s a supplement, not a lifestyle. You are talking about person investing over a lifetime.

Thebrownblob

Yeah, living longer is great when you’re in a nursing home drooling for the last five years of your life…..