Strangest or most memorable customer complaint?

Packmule

Please tell me they didn't actually call that complaint in???

Someone called to complain that my husband was driving "fast and recklessly." This from the man who has NEVER had a speeding ticket in the 22 years he's had a license. Not because he's lucky, but because he's the slowest, most cautious driver i've ever known (well, aside from his dad and brother). If we're in a hurry, I always drive. Only thing he could figure was the squeaky brakes made it seem like he was being "reckless" somehow.
It's the company truck and the opportunity to see UPS overreact that generates these calls.
Blow it off.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Back before the days of telematics and gps I had a customer call in and say I hit their mail box. My sup went out there and noticed two things. The mail box had no paint transfers and had fallen perpendicular to the street. He promptly told the home owner that I didn't hit it and left.

Home owner called the 800 number and raised hell. Sup continued to back me up.

Found out a few weeks later the neighbor across the street backed over it, knocked on their door but no one was home. Left for work figuring they'd tell them that night.

I have one about a duck and an open window too but that would get me STUG'd so I'll let you all use your imaginations.

DownSouthUPS

On a very stormy day, I was at a customers house (streets flooded) and the lady across the street comes out yelling at the top of her lungs "You need to slow down, your are gettin my grass soaking wet". I said "you realize it's raining right?" She said "you are sending water into my yard." Idiot!

Re-Raise

We had a pcm one morning about a guy that called in a complaint the day before. He said that we left a package outside his door that he wanted to refuse, and that he tripped over it when he went out the door.

Our center manager said we should never place a package where someone could trip over it. We told him that was impossible.

The older guy brought the package to the center later that day and when he went to the employee door he tripped over one of the safety cones around the break area and fell and broke his wrist.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We had a pcm one morning about a guy that called in a complaint the day before. He said that we left a package outside his door that he wanted to refuse, and that he tripped over it when he went out the door.

Our center manager said we should never place a package where someone could trip over it. We told him that was impossible.

The older guy brought the package to the center later that day and when he went to the employee door he tripped over one of the safety cones around the break area and fell and broke his wrist.
Seriously? lol