UPS package handlers

Aj10

Hi, I had a questions for current UPS package handler employees. Google hasn’t been much help. I will ask my higher ups when I return to work. Just seeing if anyone has info here.

Can someone tell me what each of this position’s description is?
My locations has posted a bid sheet for transfer.
1: Small sort
2: air recovery
3: primary

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hi, I had a questions for current UPS package handler employees. Google hasn’t been much help. I will ask my higher ups when I return to work. Just seeing if anyone has info here.

1: Work done by the elderly, infirm, or pregnant. Good luck getting your hands on such an easy job. Here, it's sorting envelopes into totes.

2: Not a clue.

3. Trailer money. Dump packages onto the belt as fast as you can.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Small sort = sorting smalls
Air recovery = recovering air
Primary = everything else
What else you wanna know

DriverNerd

Our local small sort is divided up into: Debag, primary sorters, secondary sorters and baggers. Our primary (different from small sort) is unloading (trailers) and sorting (immediately after being unloaded).

They all suck, you're welcome

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Clarksville Small Sort...

1707069205049.png

21Savage

Is primary the ish where they unload the trailers and put the pal labels on? If so there's a few of them that need to have their teeth kicked in at my building. Tired of bad pal misloads

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Ask your “higher ups”… these guys were tainted decades ago.

Nah

1. Put Amazon and Temu envelopes into a bag and throw it on the belt.
2. Loading air into trailers. Requires special certification.
3. Primary sort. Start memorizing belt colors and zip codes.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Yeah right eff that. I stand on businesses. I almost got in a fight with one last week. You not gonna :censored2: meover. I'll say something
I stand on delivering what’s in my truck on my route ..I’m not lengthening my already long day cause UPS still can’t get misloads under control. I don’t care if I can see the house , the misload gets sheeted MISSED
✊🧔‍♂️