You will all be working on August 1st.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
At least according to my center manager at the PCM. So plan on continuing to work!!!!

Management in my building seems oddly indifferent bordering on upbeat that a strike won't happen or that "the government will get involved and force you all back." They're even joking about it. The overall atmosphere feels weird. Center manager being oddly friendly and all smiles. I preferred it when he was mercurial and tried to ambush drivers for methods violations behind the 7-11.

I'm curious what, if anything, management in your respective buildings is saying or doing.

I really hope UPS doesn't have some contingency plan that will blindside O'Brien and the negotiating team because that's kind of what it feels like.

I hope I'm wrong and a good, strong contract will be signed soon, otherwise its off to the picket line.

Emergency Conditions

At least according to my center manager at the PCM. So plan on continuing to work!!!!

Management in my building seems oddly indifferent bordering on upbeat that a strike won't happen or that "the government will get involved and force you all back." They're even joking about it. The overall atmosphere feels weird. Center manager being oddly friendly and all smiles. I preferred it when he was mercurial and tried to ambush drivers for methods violations behind the 7-11.

I'm curious what, if anything, management in your respective buildings is saying or doing.

I really hope UPS doesn't have some contingency plan that will blindside O'Brien and the negotiating team because that's kind of what it feels like.

I hope I'm wrong and a good, strong contract will be signed soon, otherwise its off to the picket line.
It would be the first time I've ever seen UPS actually plan ahead for something if so...

rod

Retired 22 years

You will all be working ? He must have meant "all management would be working?"

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Peak season catches them off guard EVERY year, it can't be a surprise that a contract deadline, which happens only every few years would be any different.

twotwofour

There wont be a strike because UPS will cave last minute and try to get a vote extension, or last minute concession like limited PVD use. UPS isn't strong enough to try to let a strike happen again, they know that, and are praying we don't.

DOK

Everyone, management and union, is oddly indifferent in my building, it’s very odd.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Everyone, management and union, is oddly indifferent in my building, it’s very odd.
I know for many of us, the prospect of a strike has been building up since the 2018 contract was pushed through. Now they are just going through the motions, there's not a lot of surprise left.