1st year vacation (Atlantic supplement)

SLW

So I reached my one year UPS anniversary recently and now I have the 45 hrs of vacation showing on my UPSers. I'm a little unclear on whether this is for this calendar year, or for the next. Any Atlantic folks have any knowledge about this?

I asked the center manager and he wasn't sure either and is asking HR, but I do not trust any HR-sourced info. My steward is MIA so hope you guys can help.

calcio56

You need to schedule it ASAP.

We can't take vaca after thanksgiving.

Your vaca resets Jan 1. Sick days are the only thing that roll. Vacation weeks and unused option days are cashed out at the end of every calendar year.

rod

Retired 23 years
I would say (and don't trust my answer) that being vacations have all been picked for this current year your vacation time is what is for 2021. But being you are low man on the totem pole don't expect any weeks to be open for about 10 months out of the year. Jan. and Feb. are usually reserved for rookies (unless there is a large % of people wanting winter vacations.

542thruNthru

Your vaca resets Jan 1. Sick days are the only thing that roll. Vacation weeks and unused option days are cashed out at the end of every calendar year.
Um this doesn't sound right.
So every September he only has 2 months to be able to use his vacation?

He should have until his anniversary date. The selection period is in November.

rod

Retired 23 years

No way in hell would weeks still be open in Oct. and Nov around here. You are talking hunting season.

rod

Retired 23 years
I was always told your seniority runs from your hiring date but your vacation time goes by seniority from the beginning of calendar year ---if that makes any sense.

They did the same thing with sick days and personal days while you were in progression.
They reset them on your anniversary date
It never used to be like that

SLW

From the supplement:
" (a) Employees who on December 31st of any calendar year, have worked for the Employer one hundred and fifty (150) days or more in such calendar year and have been employed by the Employer less than two (2) years, shall receive one (1) week of vacation with pay during the following vacation period. Employees who on December 31st have not worked for the Employer one hundred fifty (150) days but have, by July 31st of the succeeding year for the first time, worked one hundred fifty (150) days, shall receive one (1) week of vacation with pay following their anniversary date."

So last December 31st, I still had not worked 150 days (I was a Reg-Temp, too, but that doesn't seem to matter), but by July 31st I certainly had. My anniversary was this month. I still can't really figure the answer from the supplement itself, however, on whether my week is for this current year, or for the next. It *sounds* like it's this year, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Any other Atlantic guys here?

542thruNthru

From the supplement:
" (a) Employees who on December 31st of any calendar year, have worked for the Employer one hundred and fifty (150) days or more in such calendar year and have been employed by the Employer less than two (2) years, shall receive one (1) week of vacation with pay during the following vacation period. Employees who on December 31st have not worked for the Employer one hundred fifty (150) days but have, by July 31st of the succeeding year for the first time, worked one hundred fifty (150) days, shall receive one (1) week of vacation with pay following their anniversary date."

So last December 31st, I still had not worked 150 days (I was a Reg-Temp, too, but that doesn't seem to matter), but by July 31st I certainly had. My anniversary was this month. I still can't really figure the answer from the supplement itself, however, on whether my week is for this current year, or for the next. It *sounds* like it's this year, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Here your vacation is to be used between the year you earn it and when you earn your next.

So if I earn my vacation in April 2020 I have till next April 2021 to use it. Even though our selection period is in January.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

I believe this is correct, you will get another week January 1st, but I don't believe they can force you to take it after your anniversary date next year because this year you had enough reports to earn it.

I know when we reach a vacation milestone we can't schedule the additional week until after our anniversary date. For example if we earn our 4th week on August 3rd, we can't schedule a 4th week of vacation until the week following that anniversary date.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
From the supplement:

When did you start Reg-Temp? Prior to November last year?

SandSpida

If you get your vacay paid out at end of year, it’s taxed as a bonus. So you don’t get your normal wage multiplied by 45 hours. I would be trying to schedule it ASAP if I was you.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes, hire date in September, started driving October.
Sounds like someone somewhere has that down as your FT date, unless I'm missing something contractually the only way you could earn FT vacation for this year is if you started FT prior to November of last year. I can't tell how it's gonna play out. Best case they let you take that week off between now and Nov 1, worst case they say it was a mistake and it disappears.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would say (and don't trust my answer) that being vacations have all been picked for this current year your vacation time is what is for 2021. But being you are low man on the totem pole don't expect any weeks to be open for about 10 months out of the year. Jan. and Feb. are usually reserved for rookies (unless there is a large % of people wanting winter vacations.

Game has changed. Outside of November and weeks before holidays we don’t have many weeks blocked out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Only for the year you earn that week. After that it can be used anytime. Let’s say in October of 2021 I earn a 5th week. I can take 4 weeks before October but not my 5th until after. In 2022 I can take all 5 whenever I want.

Phughes2

So I reached my one year UPS anniversary recently and now I have the 45 hrs of vacation showing on my UPSers. I'm a little unclear on whether this is for this calendar year, or for the next. Any Atlantic folks have any knowledge about this?

I asked the center manager and he wasn't sure either and is asking HR, but I do not trust any HR-sourced info. My steward is MIA so hope you guys can help.

How the :censored2: are you getting 45 hrs for one year? I only get 40 hrs after 4 years