2020 Peak SEASON - UPS

MassWineGuy

Forget the past economy. The Covid economy will be here a long time still. I can only think that this peak is going to be a magnitude more insane than others.

But my 401(k) will love it.

Brown Buddy

UPSnBrowns
It’s going to be bad. Really really bad.

Management doesn’t think volume will go up much. The entire plan revolves around PVD. It’s gonna be ugly.
PVD will be crazy as most hubs I think won’t have driver helpers. However I think volume might be less than expected since the economy changes and covid

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
PVD will be crazy as most hubs I think won’t have driver helpers. However I think volume might be less than expected since the economy changes and covid
No one is going to go to the stores to shop. Do you know what that means? Even if the economy is down we will be getting way more volume.

Imagine no Black Friday sales. All replaced with online deals.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yes, exactly. I recently had a new roof installed for $7,800. Not cheap, but well worth it.
This summer one of our co workers conned a bunch of us into helping him reroof his house. For the cost of beer and food we torn off the old shingles and put a new roof on in a day and a half. I bet it cost him less than $4,000. It helped he already had a dump trailer and co workers who used to be roofers.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Management here waited until now to start training a bunch of new drivers. And they have them training on half routes, as in one gets the businesses, and one gets the resis. Can’t understand the thought process behind that, but whatever. Handholding is apparently the new norm.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Management here waited until now to start training a bunch of new drivers. And they have them training on half routes, as in one gets the businesses, and one gets the resis. Can’t understand the thought process behind that, but whatever. Handholding is apparently the new norm.
Same for our new drivers. One driver had an all resi training route and still managed to get DQ'd. The quality of drivers is trending downward for sure.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My building is planning on 120 pvds. One pvd will be attached to each driver.

Seriously where do they think they’re gonna find these people?

My center is planning to use 5x as many PVD as last year. It was the week before Xmas before they got the last one hired last year lol

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
This was sent today.
At my building, peak plan is on us. I can see management already knows we are fked. :lol:
B18A932F-1DF9-4075-9478-E698B5E23C60.jpeg