2024 Paris Olympics

Next Day Err

Firearm-involved suicides have also increased steadily to 1.1 deaths per 100,000 children and teens in 2021. Gun deaths among children and teens have soared—but there are ways to reverse the trend | Pursuit | University of Michigan School of Public Health | Firearms | Health Behavior and Health Education | Faculty | Firearm Injury Prevention | Firearm Policy | Violence | Child Health

Your initial contention was in reference to the AR-15, and the resulting childhood homicides. These deaths are rarely caused by a gunman with an AR-15. Your argument is made of straw.

Try comparing the number of deaths by abortion to the number of deaths of children by ALL violence, and then get back to me.
How many children in countries in Europe and other developed countries are slaughtered by people with AR-15s?

Next Day Err

You're more than welcome to join any of those countries that align with your beliefs.

Try it, and get back to us after you've lived your fantasy for a few years.
So that’s it? We are ok with children being gunned down by people with AR-15s and if we don’t like it we should leave? lol

Thebrownblob

Wasn’t my question.

AR-15s. Children. In Europe. How many have died? How many here?

What’s the difference? clearly you think violating the second amendment is the answer it’s not gonna happen so just forget about it. More laws against law abiding citizens don’t do anything.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Wasn’t my question.

Why does it only matter if there's an AR-15 involved?

"Stabbing deaths and injuries are more common in Europe than in the Americas. Particularly in northern Europe, where levels of knife crimes among young people have increased and made headlines. Deaths by sharp objects are especially noticeable in the 15-19 and 20-24 age groups in Northern and Western European countries. The proportion of knife deaths is about three times greater than firearm deaths in these countries for the 20-24 age group. Between 2002 and 2007, hospital admissions for assault by a knife or sharp object increased by 34%. One high-profile example of homicide by knife in Europe occurred in 2013, when a 13-year-old girl was stabbed to death in the United Kingdom. Her death sparked anti-knife campaigns throughout the U.K."

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Wasn’t my question.

Seriously..where you hatched yesterday ? There are more lethal weapons out there besides assault rifles…what are the statistics of the gun owners in America that we know of, excluding the bad guys ?

oldngray

nowhere special
327a.jpg

rickyb

Why does it only matter if there's an AR-15 involved?

"Stabbing deaths and injuries are more common in Europe than in the Americas. Particularly in northern Europe, where levels of knife crimes among young people have increased and made headlines. Deaths by sharp objects are especially noticeable in the 15-19 and 20-24 age groups in Northern and Western European countries. The proportion of knife deaths is about three times greater than firearm deaths in these countries for the 20-24 age group. Between 2002 and 2007, hospital admissions for assault by a knife or sharp object increased by 34%. One high-profile example of homicide by knife in Europe occurred in 2013, when a 13-year-old girl was stabbed to death in the United Kingdom. Her death sparked anti-knife campaigns throughout the U.K."
united states higher than any other western country on your list per capita

rickyb

Are you in France?
im on this thread looking for news articles about open ceremony gay stuff

my gf sent it to me today. i cant believe it.

i think the gays and sexuality generally is being pushed too far in front of little kids. you have the super bowl janet jackson incident. paris olympics now. what does this have to do with sports.