Tcp123

If a 22.4 driver is in route an a cover driver is doing overflow work can you bump a cover to your route an a 22.4 do overflow work

quad decade guy

Do 22.4's bid separately? Have their own bid? Like other 22's? Do 22.4 bid only on 22.4 routes? Serious questions. Thanks.

In effect a center within a center?

Do they have their(22.4) own cover people? RPCD don't inter-mingle so to speak?

Whither

Scofflaw
Do 22.4's bid separately? Have their own bid? Like other 22's? Do 22.4 bid only on 22.4 routes? Serious questions. Thanks.

In effect a center within a center?

Do they have their(22.4) own cover people? RPCD don't inter-mingle so to speak?
22.4s are unassigned T-S (often M-S) drivers here. But what tends to happen when we're not paying attention is mgmt keeps most of them on routes that no one bid rather than rebid the route or force an unassigned RPCD onto it.

Last I knew my local still hadn't gotten settled whether 22.4s can win RPCD bids even after they have 6 months seniority in the classification ...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Right, but my stew said the company's fought the grievances vehemently -- and somehow lost a couple that seemed like slam dunks ...

Do you know if the grievance's have progressed beyond the local level ?

I would like to hear the company's argument on that.

UPS: They can't bid a RPCD route, because 22.4 jobs are combo jobs.

Union: That was the original intent of the language. How many 22.4's are working combo jobs ?

UPS: Uh....

-Bug-

Whither

Scofflaw
Do you know if the grievance's have progressed beyond the local level ?

I would like to hear the company's argument on that.

UPS: They can't bid a RPCD route, because 22.4 jobs are combo jobs.

Union: That was the original intent of the language. How many 22.4's are working combo jobs ?

UPS: Uh....

-Bug-
In the Central btw and don't know any language that would trump the standard 6 months in classification rule. I'll try and follow up on this issue with a stew today.

quad decade guy

Aw.... there's my little stalker.

Sweetheart,

@Indecisi0n is probably available for the weekend.

He knows I'm just a tease....

:biggrin:

Instead of the homo, sexual innuendo.......why not address his assertion? He sounds exactly right btw.

Say, shouldn't you be out setting all this straight? Using your considerable ego?

Tease? No man, you fit the profile without question.

quad decade guy

On what ?

A pkg car route.... is a pkg car route.

In some areas, I've heard they bid on a separate vacation list.

Well a combo job would have delivering and something else....I guess. Traditionally pkg car routes were all day. pickups and deliveries.

So, a route is not a route it would seem. I'm not there so I don't know.

So, how about coverage? Do 22.4's only cover 22.4's? So, who does what? Serious questions.

And so vacations and such would all have to be done separately?

And language intent? See, you mentioned it.....but if we are just going by "best intentions"......no wonder we are constantly getting run over.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Well a combo job would have delivering and something else....I guess. Traditionally pkg car routes were all day. pickups and deliveries.

So, a route is not a route it would seem. I'm not there so I don't know.

So, how about coverage? Do 22.4's only cover 22.4's? So, who does what? Serious questions.

And so vacations and such would all have to be done separately?

And language intent? See, you mentioned it.....but if we are just going by "best intentions"......no wonder we are constantly getting run over.
inside work and then air/leftovers

Seymour Packages

I have never seen a 22.4 work inside. The latest debacle in our local was a new building opening up and 22.4s from Building A were allowed to bid open routes going down. Low and behold they are still classed as 22.4s last I heard months later. Running the same routes Every. Single. Day. This company is a mess.

quad decade guy

I have never seen a 22.4 work inside. The latest debacle in our local was a new building opening up and 22.4s from Building A were allowed to bid open routes going down. Low and behold they are still classed as 22.4s last I heard months later. Running the same routes Every. Single. Day. This company is a mess.
Open routes going down(eliminated)(or transferred to B)....what does that mean? Building A? New building is building B (Where open routes going down)?

BTW, does the 22.4 language specifically state inside work must be performed? Or could the language be interpreted as deliveries and pickups as combo's?

A mess? I would think the company is running it exactly as they want to. The 22.4's and PVD's allowed them this attitude.