$41 an hr & $61.50 ot = $101,000. FedEx, Amazon Flex, USPS do you guys think that's a fair wage?

brown_trousers

That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.

This is capitalism. Successfull businesses make more profit, and pay their employees more because of it.

If we create more profit for UPS, we expect more money in our paychecks because of it.

IEZ69

That's for 45-hours a week, before you answer. Medical, Dental, Optical & RX is covered at a cost of $0.00 for 25+ years. There's 28 RTW states that employees refuse to pay dues. I personally don't have to contribute but I pay my dues. It's about $1,050 a year. I just believe in the union and feel it's only right to support them for what they given my family & I. That's just me tho'. My feeling is, it's like the food bank. I don't go to the food bank when a 45 hour work week = $101,000. That's just personal belief.

At 46 and 25-years at UPS I get 8-weeks paid vacation(7+1 opt week). So to earn that $101,000, I work 44 weeks. I do get 40-hours to call in sick a year that is paid. So really only 43 weeks worked to earn that $101,000.

I've worked 4- Saturday's and 0- Sunday's in 25+ years. There's a Pacific Coast Trust Fund I have several thousand of $ as a balance the union bargained for many years ago. That cost me outta pocket $0.00 and I think that's fair.

Any legal costs for a personal lawyer(s) are paid for.

I am locked into my pension(25 Lock-In) which means I can walk away right now today at 46 years old and get 100% of my pension at 55 or I can tough it out and get 100% on my 50th birthday. As a retiree you must pay for your own health insurance. So depending on marital/single status I'll get around $3200-$3700 cash a month. This is after taxes are taken out and health insurance at age 50. So roughly $40-$45,000 cash (that's Net now) a year.

Anyways, there's a few more benefits I didn't list here yet wanted to ask you guys/gals. In your opinion should I vote Yes or No on the 5-year UPS/Teamster contract that ends July 31st?

Thank you.
Yes. You have it great. All I see on this forum is waa waa was people crying on here about this and that boxes are too big boo hoo. Stretch and stay in shape warm up before you start work. There's a lot of people that would love to have this job. The warehouse workers are already being replaced by machines at least drivers can't be replaced at least not for while.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yes. You have it great. All I see on this forum is waa waa was people crying on here about this and that boxes are too big boo hoo. Stretch and stay in shape warm up before you start work. There's a lot of people that would love to have this job. The warehouse workers are already being replaced by machines at least drivers can't be replaced at least not for while.
All you see is crying on here and you felt compelled to sign up for an account and tell everyone what a bunch cry babies they were?
:censored2: off

Chnandler Bong

Maybe you can be the one to answer my question: Why does weekend delivery necessitate the creation of a permanently lower-paid class of ground driver?

From what I’m reading, they top out around $35/hr for ground deliveries. Not really underpaid? And why is it permanent? Is there wording stopping them from bidding into driving once they have seniority? Again...what better solution is there to cover weekend work? It’s not perfect, but it could be much worse. My concern is the language regarding how they can be used. As long as it’s strictly limited, I don’t see a huge problem. But I’m open to suggestions. (Holding your breath and stomping your feet isn’t an acceptable solution).

Zowert

Today delivering for UPS is freight pkgs every other stop. Heavy ass furniture that you end up getting a call tag for 2 days later.

This is so true. I'll deliver a heavy air conditioning unit one day, then a couple days later I'm picking it up. Sure enough, a day or two later i'm delivering another AC unit to that same address. They'll do this stuff regularly. I've had customers return stuff simply because the box had a little hole in it.

Box Ox

From what I’m reading, they top out around $35/hr for ground deliveries. Not really underpaid?

$34.79 by August 1, 2022. About $6 less than a "regular full rate" driver.

And why is it permanent?

"A new classification of full-time combination driver" is not a temporary thing.

Is there wording stopping them from bidding into driving once they have seniority?

They're already driving. They're lower tier.

Again...what better solution is there to cover weekend work?

Use full rate drivers. Why not? They're delivering ground.

As long as it’s strictly limited, I don’t see a huge problem.

Do you really, seriously believe they will be "strictly limited"?

$34.79 by August 1, 2022. About $6 less than a "regular full rate" driver.

"A new classification of full-time combination driver" is not a temporary thing.

They're already driving. They're lower tier.

Use full rate drivers. Why not? They're delivering ground.

Do you really, seriously believe they will be "strictly limited"?
How much should they get to do inside work?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
How long did it take for you to clean up your truck for the pic?
I preload it before it leaves the building, one of the pro's of a FedEx Home Delivery driver!

I load it in my order of delivery, NOT OrioN trace... or what we call VRP trace... it's soon going away to FedEx single stream process, which I heard is crappy.

First 20 stops in the cab by the passenger seat... I'm thinking of unbolting it to make room for more cargo

OrioN

With shelves and blocking/bracing.:happy2:
Heh, I don't like those monster truck tires to be rolling around the flat screen televisions
DSC_0007.JPG

Box Ox

How much should they get to do inside work?

If they've gotta quit their other job(s) to take the full-time lower tier job, they should get more than a typical PT sorter for inside work.

Personally, I think PT/FT classifications should stick to the current model, with pay raises for PT sorters. So what the new classification should get for inside work is kind of a moot point for me anyway.

If they've gotta quit their other job(s) to take the full-time lower tier job, they should get more than a typical PT sorter for inside work.

Personally, I think PT/FT classifications should stick to the current model, with pay raises for PT sorters. So what the new classification should get for inside work is kind of a moot point for me anyway.
They sort for 4 hours, then drive for 4 hours. How much should their sort pay be? 36.90?

Box Ox

They sort for 4 hours, then drive for 4 hours. How much should their sort pay be?

If the Company wants the employee to perform both duties under a single FT classification, it should naturally follow their full time progression. $20.50 to start and $34.79 by 2022. These are full time jobs. Not side gigs.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
And pay what for preload (or inside work) $15? Now you are only paying hybrids $26 an hour.

That's another complication that supports being against hybrids. The information provided so far, that I've seen, doesn't go into specifics, but my BA believes that hybrids' inside work would be at inside rate and the driving would be at the hybrid driving rate. Another con is if hybrids are delivering during the week they would be stealing work from full rate drivers. If they are limited to driving weekends, then the only way I can see justifying a lower rate for ground delivery is to establish production standards and have lower standards for lower pay. That's a terrible idea, and as such the hybrids are a terrible idea.

That's another complication that supports being against hybrids. The information provided so far, that I've seen, doesn't go into specifics, but my BA believes that hybrids' inside work would be at inside rate and the driving would be at the hybrid driving rate. Another con is if hybrids are delivering during the week they would be stealing work from full rate drivers. If they are limited to driving weekends, then the only way I can see justifying a lower rate for ground delivery is to establish production standards and have lower standards for lower pay. That's a terrible idea, and as such the hybrids are a terrible idea.
I think they came up with the $34 as a median wage between inside work and driving. One wage for the whole job. I don’t see how they could displace a ft driver.

OrioN

They sort for 4 hours, then drive for 4 hours. How much should their sort pay be? 36.90?
Geezus, stop copying FedEx Home Delivery ops... I preload for 2, then drive for 8~12 hours, sometimes more depending on the load for the day.

Better vote NO on the contract then

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think they came up with the $34 as a median wage between inside work and driving. One wage for the whole job. I don’t see how they could displace a ft driver.

If you have a source for that I would like to see it. As for displacing a ft driver, if they deliver during the week, they would be taking work from regular full time drivers. And, really, weekend hybrid ground delivery is stealing work from regular drivers. There's a reason air drivers get ground pay if they deliver ground packages (where I'm at anyway). Allowing the company to pay less for the work gives them a vehicle for eliminating regular full time drivers all together.

If you have a source for that I would like to see it. As for displacing a ft driver, if they deliver during the week, they would be taking work from regular full time drivers. And, really, weekend hybrid ground delivery is stealing work from regular drivers. There's a reason air drivers get ground pay if they deliver ground packages (where I'm at anyway). Allowing the company to pay less for the work gives them a vehicle for eliminating regular full time drivers all together.
I’m just guessing, just as you are. If what you say becomes true then I am out of a job.