A no helper peak

Indecisi0n

I told my mgmt team I didn't want a helper and they gave me one anyways. Dude moved like he was underwater and he fell on his face in someone's driveway. No ice, no potholes, just crumpled and dropped like a sack of potatoes. I thought he was having a heart attack. Never saw him again after that day.
Did you just drive away?

over9five

Staff member
Paid by the hour
At least I didn't stab you and kill you
1608989138088.png

Lol, almost got all the lucky charms!

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
The take-away here is simple. Like there are good and bad drivers, loaders, etc... there are good and bad seasonal employees. If you have/had a good one count your blessings, if not, be glad it's over.

ouanling

Our center used PVDs as helpers to keep some stranger out of our cabs. Gave helper 20 stops; took 5 hours.
3 days ago i texted the center to send me a rental guy(they're considered fulltime drivers but they still dont have seniority and theres a million of them, we dont have real PVDs here)
2 guys come in cube for 10 stop each.. im basically done with industrial so its all 800k-3m$ houses left as i was covering someone's great bid route.

one them is playing blackjack on his phone and says nah not this not that not this not that, i dont want to open the backdoor of the cube. just stuff i can fit in front..

I saw him 1h40m later playing games on the side of a street. then i get back to the center 3h after the meetup, i see him speeding 25mph above speed limit.. 3h to do 10 stops meanwhile i was stressed as :censored2: all day because it was my first time on this industrial run, the PAL didnt make sense and i left the center at 10:30 leaving me barely any time with the lunch time and 22 pickups starting at 2:15..

I had 50 telescopes from costco before the meetup with the 2 cube idiots with 65 resi stops left(all pretty distanced from each other) at 4:45(with snow and ice) and still a bunch of biz stops all disorganized and mixed up with the 50 telescopes.

they really hire worthless :censored2:s. Thankfully my friend called him and asked if i needed help, didnt even ask the center. Just came from the other side of town and took the stops i wanted to give him so i didnt have to jump from one area to an other like with the other idiots.

Last One In

Why would anyone take a helper? Just why would you put yourself and family at risk being that close to someone
I wasn't truly safe meeting PVD on area. One day told me having trouble breathing. I didn't immediately think of COVID, as PVD said it was asthma issue. Following week said feeling better. I replied what do you mean feeling better; you aren't having COVID symptoms, are you? No, I don't believe so, they replied. But eventually admitted they already had a rapid test appointment with their doctor the following day. Incredible disregard for my safety and safety of my customers. Been nothing but s$%@s and giggles all year, hasn't it?!

Spanky250

3 days ago i texted the center to send me a rental guy(they're considered fulltime drivers but they still dont have seniority and theres a million of them, we dont have real PVDs here)
2 guys come in cube for 10 stop each.. im basically done with industrial so its all 800k-3m$ houses left as i was covering someone's great bid route.

one them is playing blackjack on his phone and says nah not this not that not this not that, i dont want to open the backdoor of the cube. just stuff i can fit in front..

I saw him 1h40m later playing games on the side of a street. then i get back to the center 3h after the meetup, i see him speeding 25mph above speed limit.. 3h to do 10 stops meanwhile i was stressed as * all day because it was my first time on this industrial run, the PAL didnt make sense and i left the center at 10:30 leaving me barely any time with the lunch time and 22 pickups starting at 2:15..

I had 50 telescopes from costco before the meetup with the 2 cube idiots with 65 resi stops left(all pretty distanced from each other) at 4:45(with snow and ice) and still a bunch of biz stops all disorganized and mixed up with the 50 telescopes.

they really hire worthless *s. Thankfully my friend called him and asked if i needed help, didnt even ask the center. Just came from the other side of town and took the stops i wanted to give him so i didnt have to jump from one area to an other like with the other idiots.

Why would you let them tell you what stops they're taking? You give them the stops you need to lose, period. Tough :censored2: if they don't like it, it's their job.

When someone comes to help me, I pull the stops they're getting from the end of the 8000 section, then 7000, etc.

Last One In

Why would you let them tell you what stops they're taking? You give them the stops you need to lose, period. Tough * if they don't like it, it's their job.

When someone comes to help me, I pull the stops they're getting from the end of the 8000 section, then 7000, etc.
That's exactly how I did it all month with the PVD. Also, they told me they hated running rural stops. Guess where all my rural stops are loaded? You want to come to work with COVID you get all my 7s and 8s rural stops.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

I saw him 1h40m later playing games on the side of a street. then i get back to the center 3h after the meetup, i see him speeding 25mph above speed limit.. 3h to do 10 stops meanwhile i was stressed as * all day because it was my first time on this industrial run, the PAL didnt make sense and i left the center at 10:30 leaving me barely any time with the lunch time and 22 pickups starting at 2:15..

they really hire worthless *s. Thankfully my friend called him and asked if i needed help, didnt even ask the center. Just came from the other side of town and took the stops i wanted to give him so i didnt have to jump from one area to an other like with the other idiots.
For future reference, they don’t get to tell you what they want. You give them what will help you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And the newer drivers are cut from the same cloth. Hearing them wine about having to go help another driver after finishing their routes at 15:30 (and still clocking out before 1900) in December was hilarious. If only they could have experienced the old peak season.
Same as every new group I’ve heard come through in 20 years here.

rod

Retired 23 years
Thankfully my friend called him and asked if i needed help, didnt even ask the center. Just came from the other side of town and took the stops i wanted to give him so i didnt have to jump from one area to an other like with the other idiots.
I once got a warning letter for giving a dozen stops to a buddy because I wanted off early one Friday to go to a concert 120 miles away. UPS called it “ dispatching ones self” .

ouanling

Why would you let them tell you what stops they're taking? You give them the stops you need to lose, period. Tough * if they don't like it, it's their job.

got the other guy to take most of it, didnt have time to argue with losers. I reported the idiot anyways. My sup is on my ass, i didnt wanna end up giving the guy some things he was not going to deliver and i'd get :censored2: on for it.

The lazy fker isnt working anymore, their axing everyone that sucks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
got the other guy to take most of it, didnt have time to argue with losers. I reported the idiot anyways. My sup is on my ass, i didnt wanna end up giving the guy some things he was not going to deliver and i'd get * on for it.

Who cares?

Paid by the hour

Over70irregs

got the other guy to take most of it, didnt have time to argue with losers. I reported the idiot anyways. My sup is on my ass, i didnt wanna end up giving the guy some things he was not going to deliver and i'd get * on for it.

The old New Years Newbie axing.

charm299

Most of the lazy fkers at my center are the veterans