A Tainted Election Equals A Tainted PE

wkmac

Russian "elections" are a joke. Putin is a dictator, so interfering in their elections would be a waste of time. Disinformation is everywhere, and we have certainly done our share of interfering in the affairs of other countries, like the Shah of Iran, for example.

But, direct interference in OUR electoral process? Come-on, are you really OK with that, and with discrediting our intelligence agencies that are saying there is absolute proof of Russian-directed interference from Putin?

Get real.

If you understood history better, specifically Cold War history, you would never have made such a post to begin with.

newfie

Right! If Clinton would have won, Trump fans would have kept quiet.

I think I would have waited for Hillary to actually take office and do something before I would have started hammering her.

keep in mind your snowflake moments rioting in the streets , congressional pouting all of this is unprecedented. your side is throwing a hissy fit that this country has never seen before.

rod

Retired 22 years
Some people are socially responsible, Trump and his type are not.

Hope this helps.

Some people (on both sides) are socially responsible but there sure are a lot of crybabies out there who just can't get it through their thick heads that TRUMP WON. Nothing they can do about that now so quit whining-----if you are American-- he IS your President.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Some people (on both sides) are socially responsible but there sure are a lot of crybabies out there who just can't get it through their thick heads that TRUMP WON. Nothing they can do about that now so quit whining-----if you are American-- he IS your President.

Yes, he is, but he won in a dishonest manner. Besides all of the campaign lies, the whole Russian deal indeed makes Trump a tainted PE, and on January 20th, a tainted POTUS. No matter what, he will never be able to shake the stigma of the Russians, or his own extreme character flaws.

I'm just waiting to see him fulfill all of those campaign promises. You know, like the wall we're now supposed to pay for (not Mexico), and all those high-paying jobs that will be flooding back.

Here's some reality. Trump is a demagogue who promised the universe to people who actually believe those promises. That's what demagogues do, and Trump is very good at it.

Additional reality is that we live in a global economy, and that token additional jobs won"t re-create the America of the 1950's. That ship has sailed, and if you didn't bother to go beyond high school or learn a skilled trade, Armco Kawasaki Steel, the shipyard, or the coal mine, won't be there for you to find a job. You're going to have to be content with $13-$16 per hour in some non-union industry that won't really allow you to enter the middle class unless you find a second job.

I've accepted Trump's victory. Now, let's see him deliver. It's interesting that you all hate Big Government, but BG is precisely what Trump is proposing as a solution to our problems...spending on infrastructure, paying for an idiotic "wall", and instituting protectionist policies like tariffs and taxes that will kill more jobs than are created, and make us less competitive in a GLOBAL economy.

Go, Donald, go. I can hardly wait for the winning to begin.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think I would have waited for Hillary to actually take office and do something before I would have started hammering her.

keep in mind your snowflake moments rioting in the streets , congressional pouting all of this is unprecedented. your side is throwing a hissy fit that this country has never seen before.

Sure, you would have. There would have been unprecedented whining and probably a call to arms. You see, we know Trump is an empty suit and nothing but a demagogue.

Yes, we lost, but we know our country lost too by electing this idiot. He will always be tainted by both his personal character (appalling), and his ties with Russia.

I still remember Mitch McConnell telling the nation that the GOP would fight to block every piece of Obama legislation, a mission largely accomplished. And do you expect that Democrats are just going to accept Trump's proposed legislation? Why should it be any different?

He won. Let's see him deliver. He won't, because he can't and isn't capable of doing the job. Watch and see.

oldngray

nowhere special
5eecb8fea65f9.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yep, And all of those poor White folks in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana will be screaming because they lost their phones, food stamps, and welfare checks. Notice I said White people. The Rust Belt poor think that Trump is bring back Big Steel, Big Coal, and Big Manufacturing. He isn't, and they're going to be screaming bloody murder.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Yep, And all of those poor White folks in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana will be screaming because they lost their phones, food stamps, and welfare checks. Notice I said White people. The Rust Belt poor think that Trump is bring back Big Steel, Big Coal, and Big Manufacturing. He isn't, and they're going to be screaming bloody murder.

somebody gots to take care of their children