Air Travel Boorish Behavior In The News

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Tag team gals boorish behavior.

My company has to do the operations for Frontier at our airport and everyone hates the flights. Even though we could fly free with them, none of my coworkers will do so. Frontier sucks! They intentionally oversell their flights all the time gambling on people not showing up.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My company has to do the operations for Frontier at our airport and everyone hates the flights. Even though we could fly free with them, none of my coworkers will do so. Frontier sucks! They intentionally oversell their flights all the time gambling on people not showing up.
It isn't even a good value if you have luggage.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
JetBlue is the ONLY US Airline that does not overbook their flight. Blue Basic has a $100. cancellation charge (domestic). Overbooking has been going on for a very long time and is a means of (trying to) ensure a high Load Factor (butts in seats).

Ever see this? Dragged off for deadheading crew members.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
JetBlue is the ONLY US Airline that does not overbook their flight. Blue Basic has a $100. cancellation charge (domestic). Overbooking has been going on for a very long time and is a means of (trying to) ensure a high Load Factor (butts in seats).

Ever see this? Dragged off for deadheading crew members.

Allegiant doesn’t oversell their flights either. Sometimes though, they might have to change from a larger plane to a smaller plane resulting in an oversold flight, but it’s not done on purpose.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Allegiant doesn’t oversell their flights either. Sometimes though, they might have to change from a larger plane to a smaller plane resulting in an oversold flight, but it’s not done on purpose.
Oh yes they do.
Here's a quick screen grab from 2018. They all do it (except JetBlue)
1690329450992.png

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh yes they do.
Here's a quick screen grab from 2018. They all do it (except JetBlue)
View attachment 439548
As I said, they don’t do it on purpose. I can’t speak for what they did in 2018(the date on that chart), but I know since December 2021, they haven’t. I was both a ticket agent and an operations agent for Allegiant flights. I sold tickets as well as got the emails to reassign seats from oversold flights because planes were being changed.