AMMUNATION

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They shoot, offroad, camp, like cars
AE50D49E-5695-450D-8266-55D6FE48C2D2.gif

rickyb

Banned
"AMY GOODMAN: Why does it take political will and courage, Robin Lloyd, when the overwhelming number of Americans — Republicans and Democrats — support gun control? This is the part that’s so hard to understand, also with the NRA at its lowest ebb and facing all these corruption charges, etc. I mean, again, Pew Research Center: Support creating a federal gun database to track gun sales, overall, more than two-thirds of people in this country support this. Supporting banning high-capacity ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, overall, 64% of Americans support this, 83% Democrats and Republicans. You have support banning assault-style weapons, 83% of Republicans, a third — I mean, of Democrats, a third of Republicans, overall, 63%. How is it that the elected leaders can go against the electorate every single year?

ROBIN LLOYD: You’re absolutely right. If we were talking about those numbers for any other issue area, it already would have happened. The fact that we’re talking about something that only has 66% of American public supporting it versus 90% of some of our other issues, like background checks, is really incredible. But the fact of the matter is, there’s a tremendous amount of money at stake. The gun lobby is in the business of selling more guns, period. And that impacts their bottom line. That’s how they make their money.

And they have hoodwinked American politicians and some members of the public into believing that the only way that we can protect ourselves is to arm ourselves. And that’s an absolute lie. It’s a strategy based on fear, but it is a lie. More guns do not make us safer. In fact, they make us far less safe, as we see play out time and time again in this country on a day-to-day basis, to say nothing of the recent tragedies in Buffalo, New York, and Uvalde, Texas, on the past 10 days alone."

in the second part of this show the australian said america is more corrupt than australia

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
"AMY GOODMAN: Why does it take political will and courage, Robin Lloyd, when the overwhelming number of Americans — Republicans and Democrats — support gun control? This is the part that’s so hard to understand, also with the NRA at its lowest ebb and facing all these corruption charges, etc. I mean, again, Pew Research Center: Support creating a federal gun database to track gun sales, overall, more than two-thirds of people in this country support this. Supporting banning high-capacity ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, overall, 64% of Americans support this, 83% Democrats and Republicans. You have support banning assault-style weapons, 83% of Republicans, a third — I mean, of Democrats, a third of Republicans, overall, 63%. How is it that the elected leaders can go against the electorate every single year?

ROBIN LLOYD: You’re absolutely right. If we were talking about those numbers for any other issue area, it already would have happened. The fact that we’re talking about something that only has 66% of American public supporting it versus 90% of some of our other issues, like background checks, is really incredible. But the fact of the matter is, there’s a tremendous amount of money at stake. The gun lobby is in the business of selling more guns, period. And that impacts their bottom line. That’s how they make their money.

And they have hoodwinked American politicians and some members of the public into believing that the only way that we can protect ourselves is to arm ourselves. And that’s an absolute lie. It’s a strategy based on fear, but it is a lie. More guns do not make us safer. In fact, they make us far less safe, as we see play out time and time again in this country on a day-to-day basis, to say nothing of the recent tragedies in Buffalo, New York, and Uvalde, Texas, on the past 10 days alone."

in the second part of this show the australian said america is more corrupt than australia
:censored2: off

rickyb

Banned
just imagine all the kids who survived and are scarred for life. cant measure it just by deaths. then all the ppl who are affected by it. the matrix is everywhere

El Correcto

god is dead

The problem with this talking point is she means background checks, the over whelming majority of Americans support background checks.

Guess what, that is already the law. I’m also in Texas where the “gun-show loophole” exists, I can’t speak for every private seller, but if I ever sold my guns outside of my family I would require them meet me at a gun store and pay for the background check to be done. That could be a reasonable change that could made to the law to prevent private sellers from selling to felons or whatever else. I don’t want criminals to get guns, I don’t want to sell a criminal a gun, that’s how most Americans feel and we can agree on that.

El Correcto

god is dead
But this is such a dishonest talking point.
Of course the right supports gun control and all Americans support gun control. I wouldn’t run around giving guns to homeless people because they have the right to own them, they are probably mentally ill, drug addicts or criminals.

rickyb

Banned
The problem with this talking point is she means background checks, the over whelming majority of Americans support background checks.

Guess what, that is already the law. I’m also in Texas where the “gun-show loophole” exists, I can’t speak for every private seller, but if I ever sold my guns outside of my family I would require them meet me at a gun store and pay for the background check to be done. That could be a reasonable change that could made to the law to prevent private sellers from selling to felons or whatever else. I don’t want criminals to get guns, I don’t want to sell a criminal a gun, that’s how most Americans feel and we can agree on that.
i think the gun profiteers and we the people are at odds

oldngray

nowhere special
Background checks are one thing but they lead to keeping a database of registrations which is against the law. But they do it anyway.

How much do you trust the government?