Anchorage Alaska warehouse and driver

Jay16

Anyone chime in on how they like working at the anchorage location, warehouse workers and drivers ??

All of the drivers I have spoke with seem to be happy , I'm considering applying for package handler/preload haven't ran into any warehouse workers . I'm aware of the job and everything that goes with it , but I do know every location is different. How is the flow in the building , is it a standard conveyor for preload ? Average hours worked ? Any feedback would be great , even a private message with feedback . Just want to know as much as I can before applying for the job .
Much appreciated
Thank you everyone .

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1600992075753.jpeg
Looks great!

🧔✊

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Worked there for awhile, but I quit to go crab fishing. I found that crab fishing was fewer hours, better pay, and the captains actually care about safety.

Jay16

Preload is tough job not for everyone , but the medical benefits are good . Wouldn't surprise me that they are short staffed .

rod

Retired 23 years
I would rather go to Nome and and search the Bering Sea for gold. That looks easy--especially the winter stuff.

AKCoverMan

Lol.. some nice pics.

Short answer is: “Come on in, the water’s fine”. I know they just started a new class of utility drivers. Anchorage has a large air hub operation so there are always part time openings and doesn’t seem like long wait to get utility driving work. Over past year seeing several utility promoted to full time. No 22.4 here yet as we only deliver ground five days a week. Good luck!

AKCoverMan

Preload will prob average 20-25 hrs a week, but there are other pt jobs and shifts around the hub including air ramp, bush sort (stand by for many “bush sort” comments), car wash, etc etc. The preload does use conveyor belts in Anchorage but sadly in my satellite building we just have rollers!