apparently we are circulating mis-information

Heavy Package

New hires start at a very respectable $13 for first job outta high school.

So does...Target

UPS knew this type of pay is coming, hell it's already here. Step right up to sweat your balls off for 4 hours either in the dead of night or crack of dawn while being berated all for..$13-$15 / hr. We will be in the same boat in 5 years as we are now with finding a sustainable workforce. And UPS will have successfully split the drivers into more tier classes than there are now. And my hunch is that since the Union did not come out with any highlight info on working hours, PVD's, 9.5 etc. that nothing of value changed there. Complete long-term hose job.

23C049C900000578-2861606-The_finish_This_is_a_team_This_is_a_family_This_is_Target_he_con-m-1_1417744063359.jpg

Future

Victory Ride
So does...Target

UPS knew this type of pay is coming, hell it's already here. Step right up to sweat your balls off for 4 hours either in the dead of night or crack of dawn while being berated all for..$13-$15 / hr. We will be in the same boat in 5 years as we are now with finding a sustainable workforce. And UPS will have successfully split the drivers into more tier classes than there are now. And my hunch is that since the Union did not come out with any highlight info on working hours, PVD's, 9.5 etc. that nothing of value changed there. Complete long-term hose job.

23C049C900000578-2861606-The_finish_This_is_a_team_This_is_a_family_This_is_Target_he_con-m-1_1417744063359.jpg
It’s up 2 the informed ...2 spread the word on what garbage they r trying 2 shove down our throats

Coldworld

So does...Target

When Walmart and target get 15 to start and benefits after 12 weeks and good ol’ ups is still starting people at 11 with benefits after 12 months and having them work 3x as hard.... pathetic

brown_trousers

When Walmart and target get 15 to start and benefits after 12 weeks and good ol’ ups is still starting people at 11 with benefits after 12 months and having them work 3x as hard.... pathetic
I agree. its not like we should be paying them 100k a year, but we should at least have a starting wage higher than each states minimum wage. a union job should pay higher than minimum wage, no matter where you are in the country

Total package

We can rebuild him
The Teamsters couldnt complain about circulating mis-information if they were putting out information. Their agreement could be posted in 5 minutes, no point hiding it now

F

Frankie's Friend

They could change that today and give us the language. But we have to base it on vague information. You may not see your wife getting plowed by the milk man but finding a few pairs of men’s underwear that aren’t yours, you can put 2 and 2 together.
What's a milk man? Ever seen one?

Total package

We can rebuild him
I don't know how the national can be so disconnected from the members and the local leaders. It shouldn't have been hard to figure out a 2-tier driver pay wasn't going to be received well

DOK

at the bottom of their last update, it reads:

"On behalf of the entire National Negotiating Committee, I also remind the membership, once again, that they should not rely on the misinformation that is circulating on the Internet. The groups that are generating that misinformation do not have your best interests in mind."

Do you think this is about the brown cafe? I cant think of another online forum or resource that brings so many UPSers together across the country, that they would be referring to.

Upsrising.org, tdu.org, Teamstersunited.org, maybe?

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Companies don't like a well informed work force. UPS loves part timers because they can sell them ice water in hell. They will just see the raise and wonder what new smartphone they can finance with it. VOTE NO!!!

TheFigurehead

I don't know how the national can be so disconnected from the members and the local leaders.

They aren't disconnected. They know exactly what they are doing... selling us out. They just don't care. It's over (frankly, it's been over since last contract). Don't expect $#!+ from the IBT.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
They aren't disconnected. They know exactly what they are doing... selling us out. They just don't care. It's over (frankly, it's been over since last contract). Don't expect $#!+ from the IBT.
Of course they know what they are doing. That 2.5 times your hourly wage for union dues means more trips to Vegas and Florida when the same crap could be talked about at your local hall.