Baby on the way! What do I need? (On topic)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I got nothing... except congratulations!

My first baby is 29 now.

Yeah? My newest granddaughter is three days!

So, there.

To the OP, don't overthink or overstress. First time parents always freak out. Everything will be fine, and if there is another, you won't give it a second thought.

rod

Retired 23 years
You will realize quickly that you aren't the center of your wifes world anymore. Learn to drink cheap beer, how to do dishes and laundry and function on a few hours sleep each night--if you are lucky. Also give up the dream of a new motorcycle or pickup in your near future. Its baby clothes, baby toys and baby furniture from now on.

evilleace

My daughter is two will be three soon. What you need us to sit back and enjoy every minute of it. It goes by so fast you won't believe it, seems like we just brought her home and now I'm sitting here eating cupcakes with her after dinner.
It will be hard you will be tired, stressed, and exhausted but you get used to it a little after awhile. You will want nothing more than to sleep when the little one cries or its time for a feeding but tell the wife you got it. Not only will you get brownie pints with her its like a special little time just the two of you in the middle of the night.
Also be patient your wife might seem a little crazy for awhile and she probably is,its the hormones and mine new she was acting crazy but couldn't really help it.
Just remember when you are exhausted and stressed just take a deep breathe and enjoy it. It really does go faster than you could ever imagine.

clean hairy

You will realize quickly that you aren't the center of your wifes world anymore. Learn to drink cheap beer, how to do dishes and laundry and function on a few hours sleep each night--if you are lucky. Also give up the dream of a new motorcycle or pickup in your near future. Its baby clothes, baby toys and baby furniture from now on.
Diapers would be good to have around....

Indecisi0n

No motorcycle ...
Is pushing the baby back in an option?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sleep now while you still can.

First 4 weeks were rough but since 11 weeks my baby has slept 10-14 hours a night.

I honestly contemplated robbing a 7-11 when we brought our twins home, just so I could get a solid nights sleep. Wife had C-sec, all doped up on pain meds, it was me by myself against two needy little creatures. First four days, I think I slept about 12 hours total.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I honestly contemplated robbing a 7-11 when we brought our twins home, just so I could get a solid nights sleep. Wife had C-sec, all doped up on pain meds, it was me by myself against two needy little creatures. First four days, I think I slept about 12 hours total.
It was 5 weeks when she slept for 5 hours straight the first time. I'll never forget because those 5 felt like 12.

I begged her to leave her one night with my parents. Just so we could get one good night sleep. I only took 2 days off work

rod

Retired 23 years
I'm an insomniac, so there's that.

House is ready, etc.

Grandparents on deck to help out.

I'm fairly excited.

grandma can't wait to get her hands on the baby

grandpa can't wait to get back home to peace and quiet.

Been there-done that

BrownArmy

grandma can't wait to get her hands on the baby

grandpa can't wait to get back home to peace and quiet.

Been there-done that

My in-laws are great - MIL was a kindergarten teacher, FIL just likes kids.

They're both retired.

Honestly, I'll be fighting Granny for the kid.

I know that won't last, so I'll take it while it does...

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
My in-laws are great - MIL was a kindergarten teacher, FIL just likes kids.

They're both retired.

Honestly, I'll be fighting Granny for the kid.

I know that won't last, so I'll take it while it does...
Take advantage of that. It's important for you and your wife to remain a couple too. Plan some dates when you're ready.

Congrats.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Congratulations Brown Army. Nothing we tell you will prepare you for what you are about to go through but suffice to say, enjoy every moment.