BC Tournament Challenge

upschuck

I know you all were holding your breath for this challenge to be renewed, well you can breathe now.

If you are a returning player, check your inbox for the link, if you are new, I can not put the link up right now, but will post it when Yahoo allows it to happen. There is an unlimited number that can play, so everyone that wants to play should be able to.

Suggestion : We change the scoring, so the upset picks are encouraged. Bonus points for picking upsets based on seed difference. i.e. if a 13 seed beats a 4 seed then you get a 9x round score point bonus

Just throwing that out there, never played that way before, seems interesting to discourage picking all favorites. There are also many scoring systems allowed, so if anybody thinks could improve the game, throw it out.

Max of 2 brackets per player. Good luck, and have some fun.

oldngray

nowhere special
I like the idea of an upset bonus but you need to make sure everything else stays balanced. That 9x bonus seems too much at first glance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know you all were holding your breath for this challenge to be renewed, well you can breathe now.

If you are a returning player, check your inbox for the link, if you are new, I can not put the link up right now, but will post it when Yahoo allows it to happen. There is an unlimited number that can play, so everyone that wants to play should be able to.

Suggestion : We change the scoring, so the upset picks are encouraged. Bonus points for picking upsets based on seed difference. i.e. if a 13 seed beats a 4 seed then you get a 9x round score point bonus

Just throwing that out there, never played that way before, seems interesting to discourage picking all favorites. There are also many scoring systems allowed, so if anybody thinks could improve the game, throw it out.

Max of 2 brackets per player. Good luck, and have some fun.
Bonus points for picking upsets.

Stupid :censored2: like that is why I can't participate in anything you run.

oldngray

nowhere special
Bonus points for picking upsets.

Stupid :censored2: like that is why I can't participate in anything you run.
He is hoping his team will win. That would only happen with upsets.

There aren't any dominant teams this year so going to be really hard to pick. Going to need a lot of luck.

upschuck

I like the idea of an upset bonus but you need to make sure everything else stays balanced. That 9x bonus seems too much at first glance.
It is because of seed difference 13 v 4. If 16 beats 1 then it would be 15 point bonus, conversely if 9 beat 8, no bonus because the multiplier is 1.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
That could be the Sistine Chapel of stupid ideas you have come up with.... Bravo bravo

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He is hoping his team will win. That would only happen with upsets.

There aren't any dominant teams this year so going to be really hard to pick. Going to need a lot of luck.
The point of any of these things is to pick the final 4/championship teams. That's how you win.

Picking an upset in the first round is largely irrelevant unless you had the loser going deep

oldngray

nowhere special
The point of any of these things is to pick the final 4/championship teams. That's how you win.

Picking an upset in the first round is largely irrelevant unless you had the loser going deep
The first round has few upsets. Not many in the second either. After that the real teams start to play ball.

upschuck

But makes all the decisions more interesting, instead of picking all 1 seeds going to final four.

upschuck

First round upsets not where the bonus points would make all that much of a difference. The upsets in the later rounds would be worth more, but I guess this idea is just before its time.

upschuck

However, it would be difficult to catch players that had some big upsets.
If you pick an upset for final four, say a 7 seed over a 1, that would be 6x8pts equal to 48 pts, probably worth more than all the first round upsets combined.

Idea is dead though. :(