Best non-driving job

SLW

Occasionally get curious about this type of stuff throughout the day, so here's an opinion (or fact, i guess, if you just go by rate) survey question for you:

What is the best daytime (ie outside the hours of 12am-6am) non-driving union job at UPS?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Occasionally get curious about this type of stuff throughout the day, so here's an opinion (or fact, i guess, if you just go by rate) survey question for you:

What is the best daytime (ie outside the hours of 12am-6am) non-driving union job at UPS?
How come you don’t want to drive

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
low seniority hands down it's shifting/carwash but they have to stay a bit late sometimes into the next day.
high seniority has to be certain 22.3 combo positions.

PT Car Washer

Our Porter jobs are pretty good. Also have 1 Feeder wash job left. Better have 30+ years of seniority to even think about bidding one of these jobs when one opens up.

PT Car Washer

low seniority hands down it's shifting/carwash but they have to stay a bit late sometimes into the next day.
high seniority has to be certain 22.3 combo positions.
Most of our 22.3 jobs are either loading on midnight and unloading on preload or unloading on midnight and loading on preload. Besides it is a big cut in pay.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Most of our 22.3 jobs are either loading on midnight and unloading on preload or unloading on midnight and loading on preload. Besides it is a big cut in pay.
That’s interesting. my building doesn’t have one combo 22.3 that does midnight/preload. They are either twi/mid or preload/airdriver.

PT Car Washer

That’s interesting. my building doesn’t have one combo 22.3 that does midnight/preload. They are either twi/mid or preload/airdriver.
Wow. We have about 10 preload/air driver jobs and 2 Porter/PM Air driver and all the rest are Midnight/Preload. That is where the job demand is and the better jobs are just carrots to fill the sucky jobs.

Whereistheunion

Morning, full-time EAM 22.3 air driver combo. These jobs start around 6AM end at roughly 3

UnionGuy

You could do High value, you just walk to the loaders and make they sign a paper and hand them over a high value item which I think you watch them load it. You could also do revenue. All they do is stamp and measure boxes. Another good one is clerk, you deal with the packages that the drivers return back, look up addresses and stuff. You can also do metro, which all they do is unload the package cars. Heck you can even be a car parker, depends on the hub.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
22.2 shifting job at an outlying center is another good one. You're basically your own boss.
Couple overnight jobs in our local that take a load to small buildings near here, shift for their pre load and bring a load back. One building has three doors, the other has five or six.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Couple overnight jobs in our local that take a load to small buildings near here, shift for their pre load and bring a load back. One building has three doors, the other has five or six.
Yeah but every preload supervisor i have met is a giant douch
Any 22.2 job is decent. Have to have a lot of seniority to get one with good hours. We have 2 jobs that do parts inventory for automotive. One that does tire changes. One that drives a forklift / carwash.