Big Tax Cut for companies to go back to workers. How much will FDX pay u$?

bacha29

I asked for someone to confirm that fedex pays very little taxes. Dip :censored2: said 7%. Maybe that's right, I have no idea. Can't believe much of what he or operational says. They both make crap up just to be complaining. I am not defending or disputing. Just want some proof. I am not gonna read the proxy and study it. Fdx could give each employee $1k and operational and bacha would still bitch. That is all they know.
If you had simply asked in a civil manner for someone to try to find an exact dollar amount in overall taxes paid but that wasn't your intent.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Let me explain something to you Troll. I do not now nor will I ever explain anything to you. I could not care less whether an insignificant little person like you believes what I’m saying or not. You want proof, look for it. This is the last time I will respond to you, so don’t bother to respond to this.

Where in the heck did that response come from? I was replying to Serf and you thought I was directing that at you? I have no idea what your response is about. I was trying to have a conversation about getting more money from FedEx Express. I'm not a troll. Just trying to get people to think about how they should be getting paid more since FDX has billions of extra dollars in their coffers. And I'm not trying to engage in personal attacks either.

floridays

Where in the heck did that response come from? I was replying to Serf and you thought I was directing that at you? I have no idea what your response is about. I was trying to have a conversation about getting more money from FedEx Express. I'm not a troll. Just trying to get people to think about how they should be getting paid more since FDX has billions of extra dollars in their coffers. And I'm not trying to engage in personal attacks either.
Your mother. Extra large package? Me thinks you're probably too generous in your self-examination. Just shinin you on, don't be offended. Merry Christmas

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oops. I’m so sorry. I must have clicked on the wrong post. That was directed at our resident troll, not you.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Your mother. Extra large package? Me thinks you're probably too generous in your self-examination. Just shinin you on, don't be offended. Merry Christmas
Actually it was your mother who called me "extra large package"-lol. Get your mind out of the gutter and stop thinking about the size of my package you pervert! I haul extra large packages at FedEx. Heavyweights to be exact. Merry Christmas to you too.

Last edited:

floridays

Actually it was your mother who called me "extra large package"-lol. Get your mind out of the gutter and stop thinking about the size of my package you pervert! I haul extra large packages at FedEx. Heavyweights to be exact. Merry Christmas to you too.
So you're the one Mama was speaking of, keep humpin the freight, be sure to wash the fun off.

vantexan

One thing for certain.....if FedEx Express went union, FDX would once again become a "career company" just like UPS. I mean it already is a career company for the long ago topped out folks, but not so much for the newer hires of the last 20+ years. There are currently a lot of employees who have worked for FDX 25, 30, or even more years, but they were in the '3 months' or '18 months' to top out group. Back then, there was no need for a union because FDX took care of their employees. Nowadays, however, turnover is high, because it's not the high paying job that it once was. You bring in a union and raise a couriers starting pay to $25/hr and you'll have lifetime employees once again just like the olden days at FDX. A union wasn't needed way back then, but it is needed now.....at least to raise wages.
Well gee even UPS doesn't start people at $25hr.

dudebro

You think this president and this congress and the lobbyists they represent are building an free market structure that will prove unsuitable for Fedex Ground? What on earth gives you that idea?

They can hate workers but the fact remains that if you can't find workers at 15 an hour you might have to raise your rate to get people, and that will have nothing to do with gov't.

I'll even offer an example. I think an unintended consequence of making the US unfriendly to immigrants is exacerbating a shortage of working age citizens and creating more upward pressure on wages.

I don't think it will make things unsuitable for FDX, just might push up wages.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
They can hate workers but the fact remains that if you can't find workers at 15 an hour you might have to raise your rate to get people, and that will have nothing to do with gov't.

I'll even offer an example. I think an unintended consequence of making the US unfriendly to immigrants is exacerbating a shortage of working age citizens and creating more upward pressure on wages.

I don't think it will make things unsuitable for FDX, just might push up wages.
Same problem as when democrats want to raise the minimum wage. Inflation.

MAKAVELI

I think drivers do start at that rate.....or pretty close. Do you know how much they start out at? Whatever it is, it's way more than FedEx Express.
Actually I think they start around $19 for a full time pkg car driver. But they top out in 4 years and top rate now is $36+.