By Invitation Only

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Pretty dangerous job. Had a guy around here get killed just a few months back.

In between, and for a little while after, stints at college, I worked for a company trimming trees and cutting right-of-ways for the power company. I really enjoyed it.

After I graduated, I applied for a job with the power company, wanting to start at the bottom on a line crew and eventually work my way up.

Nope! College degree=over qualified.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
In between, and for a little while after, stints at college, I worked for a company trimming trees and cutting right-of-ways for the power company. I really enjoyed it.

After I graduated, I applied for a job with the power company, wanting to start at the bottom on a line crew and eventually work my way up.

Nope! College degree=over qualified.
Fortunately for you, you were just dumb enough to grab on at UPS! ;)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Fortunately for you, you were just dumb enough to grab on at UPS! ;)

I had taken about six civil service tests trying to get a state job. I was laid off from the tree company and down to my last week of unemployment.

Applied at Parcel, went out for a driving test the same day and started three days later.

Back then top rate and benefits kicked in pretty much immediately, wife got pregnant, and I never looked back.

Oh, well.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had taken about six civil service tests trying to get a state job. I was laid off from the tree company and down to my last week of unemployment.

Applied at Parcel, went out for a driving test the same day and started three days later.

Back then top rate and benefits kicked in pretty much immediately, wife got pregnant, and I never looked back.

Oh, well.
wonder how that happened.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpeg

Good morning, Everyone.