By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
Cleaning my phone out of pictures and gifs. Don't know why I had pictures of cheese, but I am sure it was to prove a point to someone ,and was important at the time

I got a new phone last week and thought I had it on wifi when I was downloading and setting things up. Nope, got a warning about exceeding my limit so would get throttled for the remainder of the billing cycle (that ended yesterday). I did check the settings and made sure it has cell data off when I'm home and using wifi (which has no data limit). My old phone had the settings a bit different and would have used the wifi it it was connected.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I got a new phone last week and thought I had it on wifi when I was downloading and setting things up. Nope, got a warning about exceeding my limit so would get throttled for the remainder of the billing cycle (that ended yesterday). I did check the settings and made sure it has cell data off when I'm home and using wifi (which has no data limit). My old phone had the settings a bit different and would have used the wifi it it was connected.
Should just go unlimited. It's cheap enough now.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
...generally after 22 gigs...how much data do you guys use....my plan doubled from 250 to 500mb...not my choice...I don't come close to using nearly that much each month...
Between my fiancé and I we have a 10GB plan. I'm usually around 4. If I stream a lot of music or podcasts I may be around 6. She's around 6. But has been going higher than that lately. We may switch to the unlimited if I keep getting nailed with the data overage

Brownslave688

They have so many loopholes not for what they count against your data and what they don't that you don't even need unlimited. I can stream my DIRECTV all day and never use any data.
Yeah and I go over by 10 GB or more every month and stream no music or video. Unlimited is much easier to deal with.

Brownslave688

Between my fiancé and I we have a 10GB plan. I'm usually around 4. If I stream a lot of music or podcasts I may be around 6. She's around 6. But has been going higher than that lately. We may switch to the unlimited if I keep getting nailed with the data overage
My bill was pushing $250 a month for two of us.