By Invitation Only

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First trip is in a bulk truck ...pain in the :censored2: ....then I go back start my reg route in p1000

Our mall driver has to do this on Mondays but the order is in reverse. He does his regular run first and then has to go back, swap trucks and deliver to the Shoe Department, which averages 100 packages once a week. It used to be a fairly easy delivery but a former employee screwed that up royally and now it is a huge PITA.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can't handle a drive like that anymore personally

Me either but he is younger than both of us and I was curious as to how much cheaper it would have been.

When our kids were young we drove to Disney----twice. Thankfully she had family in the DC area so we were able to take a well-deserved overnight break. The first year we decided to stay an extra day and drive straight through. 22.5 hours----3 stops----food, fuel and rest room.

I now get tired just driving to Albany.

Future

Victory Ride
Our mall driver has to do this on Mondays but the order is in reverse. He does his regular run first and then has to go back, swap trucks and deliver to the Shoe Department, which averages 100 packages once a week. It used to be a fairly easy delivery but a former employee screwed that up royally and now it is a huge PITA.
I have a Barnes and Noble 150-200 pieces (books) ....the receiver does help ..... I treat him very nice LOL....someone did angry him b4 and his help stopped for a while .....I will treat him like a God

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I prefer to drive but an all day drive with a carload of little kids? Maybe not.

We tried to make it as kid friendly as possible. We bought one of those road atlases and a couple of highlighters so that they could track our progress throughout the trip but it didn't take long for the novelty to wear off and the "are we there yet's?" to start.

Future

Victory Ride
Me either but he is younger than both of us and I was curious as to how much cheaper it would have been.

When our kids were young we drove to Disney----twice. Thankfully she had family in the DC area so we were able to take a well-deserved overnight break. The first year we decided to stay an extra day and drive straight through. 22.5 hours----3 stops----food, fuel and rest room.

I get almost a "tunnel" vision " vertigo feelin" if I am on the interstate more than a hour or 2 .....horrible feeling ...no idea what it is

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Probably save us over 1000 bucks to drive. Worth every penny in my book to fly.

oldngray

nowhere special
We tried to make it as kid friendly as possible. We bought one of those road atlases and a couple of highlighters so that they could track our progress throughout the trip but it didn't take long for the novelty to wear off and the "are we there yet's?" to start.

And the frequent potty breaks. When I'm on the road I prefer to only stop for gas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a Barnes and Noble 150-200 pieces (books) ....the receiver does help ..... I treat him very nice LOL....someone did angry him b4 and his help stopped for a while .....I will treat him like a God

Our previous mall driver, who is no longer with the Company, received a corporate complaint for inappropriate behavior so rather than the staff meeting us at the door we have to bring them all the way down one of those mall hallways and in to their store.

oldngray

nowhere special
I get almost a "tunnel" vision " vertigo feelin" if I am on the interstate more than a hour or 2 .....horrible feeling ...no idea what it is

It takes me about half an hour after each stop to get back into the rhythm of long distance driving. Which is why I don't like to stop unless I have to. I like to drive straight through if possible also. I don't know if I could do another of the 24 hour drives now though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We try to leave either very early in the morning or late at night so that the kids will be asleep. We also give them just a little bit of Dimetapp to "help" them stay asleep.

My foot would tend to get a bit heavier whenever my ex fell asleep. :)