By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
My kindergarten, back in dino-times, had nap time and we each had a small towel with our names on it. Mrs Owens was the teacher.

I never went to kindergarten. It was optional where I went to school. It was mostly just a babysitting service so not really needed. I went straight to 1st grade and got mostly all A's. Except handwriting where I always stunk.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You hurt me trip you hurt me good. How could you trip? How could you give me that red x? I gave you lunch box advise trip... lunch box ad flipping vice and you red x me like I'm nothing.
...Vast, broad knowledge of this site's lexicon, personalities, and mores..., yet, only been a member for a short 13 days?...Perplexing indeed.

Wally

We never had pre-K. Moms all stayed home and when we hit 5, off to school. No one could read or write yet, as it always was previously, which is why I can never understand the "head start" theory.

Do students graduating high school now test higher than those in previous generations before pre-K?

oldngray

nowhere special
My youngest doesn't. She hit the cursive learning grade right when they stopped teaching it. They've since realized their mistake. I taught her how to sign her name. lol.
31c9b8eb.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We never had pre-K. Moms all stayed home and when we hit 5, off to school. No one could read or write yet, as it always was previously, which is why I can never understand the "head start" theory.

Do students graduating high school now test higher than those in previous generations before pre-K?
Head Start was more for lower income kids. I think. To help them not get behind.

oldngray

nowhere special
Parents should teach the basics like alphabet and numbers before their kids start school. Too many lazy/irresponsible parents just want to shove their kids out the door and let society do everything.

Wally

Hilary Clinton making her rounds on the morning shows this morning, pushing her book and blaming everyone for why she didn't win the election. SMH.
Lol. She is blaming Bernie now. This despite Wasserman, the DNC, NY Times, and CNN, all working to steal the nomination.