By Invitation Only

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Does ups have an iq test for for dispatch?

Like score over a 40 and you're disqualified?
I can’t explain how many issues would be corrected for both you guys and for us if they fixed certain things with the dispatch. If we could pull our dispatch data for the day earlier we could make it so much better.

Not to mention if we had all the package data in there too. Blows my mind that we can’t figure out what we’re getting. I shouldn’t have to plan for 3-5% growth every time

oldngray

nowhere special
@Big Arrow Down...D imitating a Dolphin

awesomeness_06.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can’t explain how many issues would be corrected for both you guys and for us if they fixed certain things with the dispatch. If we could pull our dispatch data for the day earlier we could make it so much better.

Not to mention if we had all the package data in there too. Blows my mind that we can’t figure out what we’re getting. I shouldn’t have to plan for 3-5% growth every time
I just don't understand how it's always the dumbest person in every building.

Over a decade in split between two so centers and half a dozen dispatchers. Same issues with every one of them.

They go on vacation and magically everything they say can't be done gets done.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Over a decade in split between two so centers and half a dozen dispatchers. Same issues with every one of them.

No one in management cares. Now a driver backing, that they care about.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

You don't have to tell me, I hear it when I cover. I think I do better than our dispatcher because I'm not a dips*** but also because I see the results of what he does. What creates disasters and what doesn't. He sees the missed and notes on the friend* ups, but it's a lot different when you're scrambling at 1530 trying to fix it than reading it on a report at midnight.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Always amazes me. Worry about backing speed, not service, hours, load quality, nda, etc., etc.
Again, backing speed by one of my drivers is something I can influence. Feeder network, SPC, load quality, and NDA are all in someone else's wheelhouse. I do my best to extend myself to fix the service issues. But there is a lot of stuff I can't fix no matter how hard I try.

oldngray

nowhere special
Again, backing speed by one of my drivers is something I can influence. Feeder network, SPC, load quality, and NDA are all in someone else's wheelhouse. I do my best to extend myself to fix the service issues. But there is a lot of stuff I can't fix no matter how hard I try.

Some routes will always have a lot of backs. I would laugh when someone would tell me I was only allowed X number of backs. I ran a business route with a lot of dock deliveries and pickups so always had 35-38 backs. Didn't vary more than a slight amount from that.

oldngray

nowhere special
I saw city schools dismissed early today because of the heat and will do the same again tomorrow. They have a lot of old buildings without air conditioning.

Can UPS drivers take off early if they don't have air conditioning too?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Some routes will always have a lot of backs. I would laugh when someone would tell me I was only allowed X number of backs. I ran a business route with a lot of dock deliveries and pickups so always had 35-38 backs. Didn't vary more than a slight amount from that.
And I get that. I know what routes are going to have a high number of backs because of the stops involved. It's when a route that normally has 6 backs comes in with 22 that you end up scratching your head.

Wally

I saw city schools dismissed early today because of the heat and will do the same again tomorrow. They have a lot of old buildings without air conditioning.

Can UPS drivers take off early if they don't have air conditioning too?
Lol the old buildings were built not to have ac.

Wally

And I get that. I know what routes are going to have a high number of backs because of the stops involved. It's when a route that normally has 6 backs comes in with 22 that you end up scratching your head.
Last week, I had a bigger spare truck. I was making 4 to 5 quick backs to get out of some tight spots.