By Invitation Only

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What exactly does that mean, Jesuit School? I know it’s Catholic. Is it run by Jesuits?
Yes. Jesuits are big into education, science, and research. But they're strict SOBs.

Actually a fascinating story if you ever are extremely bored and want to learn something historical. They were like lepers in the Catholic Church during the Protestant Reformation

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
When you're the guy doing it, it feels really cool.

Flew out of Orlando once in an MD-80 with a hot shot pilot. He came on the intercom and said he was going to avoid a bunch of thunderstorms and burn some fuel off before we got to cruising altitude.

Can you say carnival ride? I loved it!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Flew out of Orlando once in an MD-80 with a hot shot pilot. He came on the intercom and said he was going to avoid a bunch of thunderstorms and burn some fuel off before we got to cruising altitude.

Can you say carnival ride? I loved it!
When I came back from Australia we stopped in LAX for immigration, and then reboarded the same 747 to JFK. 14 people on the flight. It was like a gosh darn rocketship. I've literally had longer takeoffs in a prop I was flying.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I had a guy tell me he would just not work his last day if we threw him a little thank you party. Some guys, just don't want it.

I didn't want any of it, but my center manager pretty much begged me to do the cake and flowers for the wife thing.

He was a good guy, so I agreed.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
When I came back from Australia we stopped in LAX for immigration, and then reboarded the same 747 to JFK. 14 people on the flight. It was like a gosh darn rocketship. I've literally had longer takeoffs in a prop I was flying.

I don't know, but I was told MD-80s were pretty much hotrods.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I didn't want any of it, but my center manager pretty much begged me to do the cake and flowers for the wife thing.

He was a good guy, so I agreed.
Manager was on vacation for our last one, guy had 45 years of service and I had to do the speech. Everybody laughed when I said if his career was a human it could buy a beer before I was even born.