By Invitation Only

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son has a friend he talks to that works in a hub in NJ. He said we got snow in Texas before they did in Jersey. lol.

It will be their turn this weekend.

We woke up to a dusting here in the BOG, which should be gone by lunch, but I'm sure that our on car will make sure that we all have our ice cleats on before we leave the building.

We are expecting 1-3" Tuesday night in to Wednesday morning.

Future

Victory Ride
It will be their turn this weekend.

We woke up to a dusting here in the BOG, which should be gone by lunch, but I'm sure that our on car will make sure that we all have our ice cleats on before we leave the building.

We are expecting 1-3" Tuesday night in to Wednesday morning.
Those ice cleats ...can be very dangerous

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Site is like the UPS facebook page lately, entirely too much negativity, and constant whining and how much UPS sucks. I still have pride in what I do, silly I know, Be back after peak

Guess you couldn’t handle a couple a days on Road with no packing peanuts and tape to occupy you’re time so you’re gonna take a break like the pansy assed Kentuckian we thought you were.

That’s for making fun of me for feeling bad about the late Barbie power wheels.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I asked my on car yesterday how they (mgt) are planning on handling the staffing for the 26th. He conceded that they haven't gotten to that point yet and, in fact, have only planned through this Saturday.

Past practice has been that they ask for volunteers and then force from the bottom up. It is one of the worst days to work and as much as I hate taking "dead days" I gladly take one on that day.

My son is coming home for an extended vacation (12/20-1/2) and his girlfriends' parents have invited all of us to their home for dinner on Christmas Day. My plan is to stay in the area that night and then spend the 26th with my kids and grand kids.

We are working the next 3 Saturdays. I was under the impression that we were doing this to take the edge off of Monday but it turns out that we will be delivering work that was supposed to be delivered on the following Tuesday. 4-5 hours per driver is their target goal. I plan on treating myself to a sit down lunch before heading back in.

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_2686_52.jpg

@Turdferguson

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I asked my on car yesterday how they (mgt) are planning on handling the staffing for the 26th. He conceded that they haven't gotten to that point yet and, in fact, have only planned through this Saturday.

Past practice has been that they ask for volunteers and then force from the bottom up. It is one of the worst days to work and as much as I hate taking "dead days" I gladly take one on that day.

My son is coming home for an extended vacation (12/20-1/2) and his girlfriends' parents have invited all of us to their home for dinner on Christmas Day. My plan is to stay in the area that night and then spend the 26th with my kids and grand kids.

We are working the next 3 Saturdays. I was under the impression that we were doing this to take the edge off of Monday but it turns out that we will be delivering work that was supposed to be delivered on the following Tuesday. 4-5 hours per driver is their target goal. I plan on treating myself to a sit down lunch before heading back in.
Oh good...cause I was worried about what you were doing.