By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
That play is a large part of why the NFL is going downhill.

It's a touchdown. Not rocket science.
He had control and made a football move. Crossed the plane of the end zone so the play was over before his elbow hit the ground causing the bobble.

There is a play like this almost every week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He had control and made a football move. Crossed the plane of the end zone so the play was over before his elbow hit the ground causing the bobble.

There is a play like this almost every week.
Heard lots of patriots fans saying. It's my understanding that since his knee was down before he crossed it's not a TD.

First of all you obviously don't know the NFL rulebook.

Second if that were the case it would've been second and goal from the 4 inch line.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
IMG_6490.JPG

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
His body was already on the ground when he reached over the goal line.
Even if he is on the ground, unless he is touched by an opponent, he can roll, crawl, or waddle on the ground towards the goal line. The ball broke the plane of the goal line. That would be a TD. I don't have a horse in this race, cause I don't like either the Pats or the Steelers. This is the NFL, not college.

oldngray

nowhere special
Even if he is on the ground, unless he is touched by an opponent, he can roll, crawl, or waddle on the ground towards the goal line. The ball broke the plane of the goal line. That would be a TD. I don't have a horse in this race, cause I don't like either the Pats or the Steelers.

Several weeks ago there was a play where the guy ran 4 steps after catching it and the refs said that wasn't enough to be called a football move.