By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
Those days are over.
its-over.jpg

Star B

White Lightening
Yeah, I don’t blame you.

Did you offer to pay cash? Their system may be set up to require a zip code for credit/debit. Do you leave a gas station when your pump asks you for your billing zip code?

Thankfully in all the years of restauranting, I haven't had anyone be a dick about a billing zip when they were ordering a huge order/hotel/something didn't smell right. If that was the case, I'd just decline the sale and have them come to the store and pay cash.

I should say, these are all over-the-phone transactions. In person, no way would I ask.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Did you offer to pay cash? Their system may be set up to require a zip code for credit/debit. Do you leave a gas station when your pump asks you for your billing zip code?

Thankfully in all the years of restauranting, I haven't had anyone be a dick about a billing zip when they were ordering a huge order/hotel/something didn't smell right. If that was the case, I'd just decline the sale and have them come to the store and pay cash.
It wasn’t me. It was @Brownslave688. I don’t get asked for a zip code at a gas station. I’m into using cash.

Star B

White Lightening
It wasn’t me. It was @Brownslave688. I don’t get asked for a zip code at a gas station. I’m into using cash.
Yeah, some stations will ask, others won't. I personally don't get what the big fuss is about a zip code. it's not like he's canadian where a zip code will narrow the streets down to a couple mile radius. Yes, they can match the name and zip and have a pretty-positive confirmation, or they can just grab the name off your card and have a pretty good confirmation.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yeah, some stations will ask, others won't. I personally don't get what the big fuss is about a zip code. it's not like he's canadian where a zip code will narrow the streets down to a couple mile radius. Yes, they can match the name and zip and have a pretty-positive confirmation, or they can just grab the name off your card and have a pretty good confirmation.
It’s the principal, like he said. Everyone wants too much information. He was just buying chicken feed not a weapon. None of their business.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I should say, these are all over-the-phone transactions. In person, no way would I ask.
No because the gas station doesn't use my zip code to send all kinds of junk mail to me.