By Invitation Only

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The heat in my house has been runnng pretty much nonstop for the past week. Not sure if it’s the cold or the heater can’t keep up with all the cold air leaking in from the windows like a sieve. It’s really cold in the basement. Cold on the first floor and barely tolerable on the second floor.
The code is a r-13 wall most likely, way too little. The windows are probably shot too. Most basements are cold because they didn't insulate the sill.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Alabama style...
I use 'foot warmers' like the duck hunters to heat the veins in my wrists, so blood can be drawn. I do this on the ride over to the lab. The foot and hand warmers work well and they are reusable.......just boil them and the "warmer" is restored.

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
Seems to me that your washer pump not working is a DOT safety issue. How can you see when it snows with dirty windows?
I wrote it up last week and chuckled at the mechanics response today. He wrote...not much can be done. Should work come February. Lol. The windchill was -28 this morning. I have extreme cold temp washer fluid in my personal truck and it's frozen too.

oldngray

nowhere special
winter.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Get with it Pops, NJ exports everything to other states now, mainly Pennsylvania and Indiana.

They used to send it this way until the state troopers started pulling every NJ garbage hauler over for safety inspections.

I haven't seen any for a couple years.