By Invitation Only

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Accents can be unlearned. Back in the day, upper middle class students were taught the Mid-Atlantic accent. Watch old movies and they use it. It's not quite American and not quite British. Today, it sounds stuffy.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Accents can be unlearned. Back in the day, upper middle class students were taught the Mid-Atlantic accent. Watch old movies and they use it. It's not quite American and not quite British. Today, it sounds stuffy.
I like it. I used to get teased as a child for my NC accent. It’s pretty much gone except for saying y’all and a few other words.

oldngray

nowhere special
Midwestern accent is most common for news because it is supposedly the most neutral.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Swing still needs some work.

IMG_6827.JPG

oldngray

nowhere special
My accent is bits and pieces from different areas. My parents were from different states and we moved around a lot when I was little. Mostly Midwestern now though.