By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As you guys are talking about soccer I’m watching my coworkers, three Hispanic guys, an African and an Egyptian playing soccer while waiting for freight, showing off their fancy footwork. Lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was hoping for a source of discipline other than myself. Shoulda joined karate I guess. This is all about participation. Which is uselful to an extent. Just not what I was hoping for.
The problem also at that age is EVERYONE has their kid playing. So while you might be able to pluck 3 kids from each team and actually have something that's watchable. What you get is a huge ol pile of dog poo with a bunch of kids that have no business being on the field.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The problem also at that age is EVERYONE has their kid playing. So while you might be able to pluck 3 kids from each team and actually have something that's watchable. What you get is a huge ol pile of dog poo with a bunch of kids that have no business being on the field.

...you mean other than having fun with their friends...?

Sports should not start getting serious until middle school at the earliest.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Building social skills that will last a lifetime

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Plenty of those kids know they suck and aren't having any fun but mom and dad are making them play.

That is part of it.

I used to be heavily involved in our local youth hockey program and I would cringe when I would see the PTA Mom walk up to register with her kid in one hand and her daily planner in the other as I knew that she was signing up her kid, who clearly did not want to be there, to fill up the one empty slot in her weekend schedule.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have a few dandelions that came from from a couple of yards away. If 1 house in area has them you can't prevent them from spreading.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Different than the picture that was mostly dead leaves?
Hmm. I think that was my last house. I cleaned that all up. This one is much worse. Not a blade of grass in the back yard. In the front they had to dig from the water meter to the foundation. They barely filled in the trench and put down little if any, grass seed. Looks horrible but I refuse to fix it. The other side I will make a border at least with rocks I’ve collected on my route. Lots of weeds.