By Invitation Only

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
@Brownslave688 what do you think of Bryce Harper’s Home Run Derby Win? Cheating or not? Looks like the Nationals will be paying more money.
I won't say "cheated" but him and his dad def didn't follow the rules. At least 4 home runs shouldn't of counted.

Nationals don't have to worry about how much to pay him he won't be playing there next year.

The dude is a complete :censored2:. Did you see his getup and the way he acted last night?

oldngray

nowhere special
I won't say "cheated" but him and his dad def didn't follow the rules. At least 4 home runs shouldn't of counted.

Nationals don't have to worry about how much to pay him he won't be playing there next year.

The dude is a complete :censored2:. Did you see his getup and the way he acted last night?
No doubt it was about keeping the hometown fans happy but I agree he did get some suspicious bonus time after the clock ran out. It was still impressive how he finished with a dinger on almost every attempt.

Brownslave688

No doubt it was about keeping the hometown fans happy but I agree he did get some suspicious bonus time after the clock ran out. It was still impressive how he finished with a dinger on almost every attempt.
The rules technically say you can't throw a pitch until the previous ball has landed. During his run in the last minutes his dad threw at least 4 pitches before the ball landed.

oldngray

nowhere special
The rules technically say you can't throw a pitch until the previous ball has landed. During his run in the last minutes his dad threw at least 4 pitches before the ball landed.
There was a huge difference between the pitchers. Some guys were way too slow and kept the batters waiting too long. But I agree there was no way Harper could have had that big finish without a little help.

Brownslave688

There was a huge difference between the pitchers. Some guys were way too slow and kept the batters waiting too long. But I agree there was no way Harper could have had that big finish without a little help.
It kind of shows what his big flaw is. Timing is very important to everyone in hitting obviously but he's on the extreme end. He has such a full body swing. When he's synched up he has tremendous power. Like that amazing run the last minute of time.

When his timing is off by just hair you end up him hitting like he has the first half of this year. According to war(wins above replacement) he's not been of any more value to his team than your average replacement player this year so far.

And he's gonna turn around and demand 40 million a year this offseason? That's insane.

To put it in perspective mike Trout has been worth about 7 wins above replacement player so far this year and Harper's teammate max scherzer who only plays once a week has been worth 5+ wins above replacement.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its supposed to be less humid today. I'm not feeling it.

picdump_2826_18.jpg