By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_2909_50.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was going to say it might not be a bad idea to total renovate of part of the yard, 10x10 or 20x20, to see how it performs, color, quality, vs the rest of the lawn.
A few pounds should cover 10x10. Nuke it now, and again next week. Sow in two from now.

The texture really has improved on the newer cultivars.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you got bluegrass in there it should thicken up.

Mostly fescue. Not as pretty as bluegrass but less maintenance. Just need to touch up a few bad spots. Mostly where I cut down some trees a couple of years ago and there are some bare spots. I still have a little more time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Mostly fescue. Not as pretty as bluegrass but less maintenance. Just need to touch up a few bad spots. Mostly where I cut down some trees a couple of years ago and there are some bare spots. I still have a little more time.
Often 10 percent blue is added to fescue mixes up north.

oldngray

nowhere special
I got a mid Summer crabgrass infestation. I used a pre emergent and things were looking good but I cut my grass too short and stressed it too much. I used some of that Quinclorac @Wally mentioned and it worked great. I wasn't sure how well the grass would fill in but the grass filled in on its own well enough I don't think I need to overseed.