By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
gifdump_2896_13.gif

Sign him up for some bocce

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

TBH, I wasn’t that impressed. Just another big, overpriced sedan.

It rode and drove nice, and even got pretty good mileage.

But, for that kind of money, it had no character. My preferred BMWs to drive are lowly 3-series.

There were two M3 CS’s in the showroom. Only 107k.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
TBH, I wasn’t that impressed. Just another big, overpriced sedan.

It rode and drove nice, and even got pretty good mileage.

But, for that kind of money, it had no character. My preferred BMWs to drive are lowly 3-series.

There were two M3 CS’s in the showroom. Only 107k.
Ever get to take any Jags or Porsches???

sailfish

Not yet. Neither in our group. Maybe to or from auction sometime.

An RT-10 Viper last month twice. Brutal car.
How are the new ones? I've always liked GT cars more than pure sports cars and the old ones were way too stripped down for me.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
How are the new ones? I've always liked GT cars more than pure sports cars and the old ones were way too stripped down for me.

It was a low mileage 2007. Normal amenities, but not a car you would want to drive more than once a week and not on a long trip.

Cramped cockpit (huge transmission tunnel) and extremely loud. The two days I drove it were in the 80’s, and with all the heat coming through the firewall and the transmission tunnel, the air had a hard time keeping up. Then, the side pipes at the level of the door sill made getting in and out an adventure in pain.

I’ve driven cars with more horsepower and trucks with more torque. I still think a WRX STi pulls harder than anything. But the Viper would be a blast to get out once every week or so.

sailfish

It was a low mileage 2007. Normal amenities, but not a car you would want to drive more than once a week and not on a long trip.

Cramped cockpit (huge transmission tunnel) and extremely loud. The two days I drove it were in the 80’s, and with all the heat coming through the firewall and the transmission tunnel, the air had a hard time keeping up. Then, the side pipes at the level of the door sill made getting in and out an adventure in pain.

I’ve driven cars with more horsepower and trucks with more torque. I still think a WRX STi pulls harder than anything. But the Viper would be a blast to get out once every week or so.
So this was one before they got discontinued. I've seen the new ones on the highway a couple times but have never gotten the chance to check one out.