By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I really don't see how these companies are making any money. I have a Walmart box with a hole in it. Judging by the smell of the liquid inside, it's a gallon of white vinegar. I'm guessing a gallon of vinegar is, at most, $3. I'm no math wiz, but I'm not seeing how Walmart could possibly be making any money on that shipment.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I really don't see how these companies are making any money. I have a Walmart box with a hole in it. Judging by the smell of the liquid inside, it's a gallon of white vinegar. I'm guessing a gallon of vinegar is, at most, $3. I'm no math wiz, but I'm not seeing how Walmart could possibly be making any money on that shipment.
To me it tells you the huge discount we are giving places on shipping and sure they lose money on some items.

upschuck

Isn't there a minimum on free shipping? Probably charged for shipping

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Although your example is extreme, you'd be amazed at the discounts given out. I worked as a corporate services assistant in high school, we'd get a closing report when we finished up all the shipments for the day. Often times the discount we received would be greater than our cost to ship. So a greater than 50% discount

Brownslave688

Although your example is extreme, you'd be amazed at the discounts given out. I worked as a corporate services assistant in high school, we'd get a closing report when we finished up all the shipments for the day. Often times the discount we received would be greater than our cost to ship. So a greater than 50% discount
The shame of it to me is the small shipper gets completely screwed.

Brownslave688

Possibly, possibly not. A quick search of some realtor message boards, say it is interesting of a property has no interest, than all of a sudden, multiple offers, and that it does happen.
The house has only been on the market a few weeks.

Foreclosed on in August but it took that Long for the bank to actually take control of the house.