By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special

I use Firefox for most things but for more casual browsing where I'm not as concerned about security I use Pale Moon. Its like an older version of Firefox (older core but still updated to current standards) and less like Google than the newest Firefox. It isn't as picky about connections.

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_1414_08.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Warren Beatty read the card and knew that it wasn't right. He then handed it to Faye Dunaway who also initially hesitated but then announced the "winner".

Would you have preferred that either or both of them take it upon themselves to call one of the producers over to make sure that it was right before making the announcement?

Neither of them were to blame for the snafu.

If they realized they had the wrong envelope should have they asked someone about it? Yes.

It would have been an interruption but their mindset was apparently the show is more important than the winners.

So, yes they are partly to blame.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Men don't see the doctor.
That's why men don't live as long as women. My dad just told me the other day about some bleeding he's been having. Is he gonna go to the doctor? Nope. He figures his body will heal itself and he's going to be 87 in a few months anyway. Lol. Guess I can't make him go.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That's why men don't live as long as women. My dad just told me the other day about some bleeding he's been having. Is he gonna go to the doctor? Nope. He figures his body will heal itself and he's going to be 87 in a few months anyway. Lol. Guess I can't make him go.
We welcome death to get away.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Father in law collapsed in the shower a couple of years back. Come to find out he had had blood in his stool for a couple of weeks. Had an ulcer that bled so much he fainted.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If they realized they had the wrong envelope should have they asked someone about it? Yes.

It would have been an interruption but their mindset was apparently the show is more important than the winners.

So, yes they are partly to blame.
They are older than dirt so I won't really blame them. They were confused I'm
Sure.

Someone 20 years younger would have likely said something n

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Father in law collapsed in the shower a couple of years back. Come to find out he had had blood in his stool for a couple of weeks. Had an ulcer that bled so much he fainted.
It worries me that something could happen to him and no one would know for days. My closest sibling is four and a half hours away. He has friends he plays cards with once a week and that's it. I'm sure they would check on him if he didn't show up, but still....

oldngray

nowhere special
Similar example would be if you had a package on your truck with a bad PAS. You read the address label and see it doesn't match. Do you deliver it to the wrong address anyway?