California

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How nice, a wedding at one of californias missions, the sites of the genocide of the american native indians when established by the spaniards.

Thousands upon thousands of indians were killed in the "mission" system, and further, in the pueblo systems and subsequently, the ranchos of calfornia.

Always nice to celebrate a wedding at a place of death.

TOS.

p.s. dont believe me? look it up.
This is part of the reason you are one of the very, very few to have been graced with the title of the TROLL.

rod

Retired 22 years
How nice, a wedding at one of californias missions, the sites of the genocide of the american native indians when established by the spaniards.

Thousands upon thousands of indians were killed in the "mission" system, and further, in the pueblo systems and subsequently, the ranchos of calfornia.

TOS.

Jeezz Louise---quite whining about things that happened 100+years ago. There isn't anyone alive now who had a parent or grandparent who owned slaves or fought Indian wars. No one owes you nothing. If that's the case I'm part Irish and you owe me because years ago we went through a potato famine and were paid hardly nothing to build railroads for the fat cat railroad barons and I have a drinking problem because you say I do.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Good luck getting a plastic bag at all grocery stores next summer !! You can get paper if you pay for it and then you can carry 2 bags at a time. Whoopee!

Who wants plastic other than old people??

Plastic bags are polluting the land and waterways of this state. Plastic doesnt BIODEGRADE moreluck, and rather than continuing to pollute this state with millions of plastic bags because people are too lazy to bring bags to the store for their groceries.

COSTCO doesnt bag anything, yet, they dont have ANY customers complaining.

I guarantee you shop there.

Give up the fake outrage.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is part of the reason you are one of the very, very few to have been graced with the title of the TROLL.

Why? Because you cant handle history? Because the TRUTH of the mission systems in california are too horrible to remember? OR because you were NOT taught the actual history of the mission system and bought into they were a bunch of friendly places where people just prayed to the "space god". ??

Which is it.

Would you like to debate the subject? Im waiting.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Jeezz Louise---quite whining about things that happened 100+years ago. There isn't anyone alive now who had a parent or grandparent who owned slaves or fought Indian wars. No one owes you nothing. If that's the case I'm part Irish and you owe me because years ago we went through a potato famine and were paid hardly nothing to build railroads for the fat cat railroad barons and I have a drinking problem because you say I do.

Ok, so I guess if we are suppose to forget about our history ( which what I said about the missions is ABSOLUTELY factual) or just forget about what happened "years" ago, then I guess you would have no problem scheduling a wedding for your own daughter at the Auschwitz concentration camp, eh?

Lets see you forget about that.

I for one am sick of hearing people crying about that, and ignoring the plight of the american indian.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Who wants plastic other than old people??

Plastic bags are polluting the land and waterways of this state. Plastic doesnt BIODEGRADE moreluck, and rather than continuing to pollute this state with millions of plastic bags because people are too lazy to bring bags to the store for their groceries.

COSTCO doesnt bag anything, yet, they dont have ANY customers complaining.

I guarantee you shop there.

Give up the fake outrage.

TOS.
I don't belong to Costco, so your guarantee is worthless drivel like everything else you pour forth.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ok, so I guess if we are suppose to forget about our history ( which what I said about the missions is ABSOLUTELY factual) or just forget about what happened "years" ago, then I guess you would have no problem scheduling a wedding for your own daughter at the Auschwitz concentration camp, eh?

Lets see you forget about that.

I for one am sick of hearing people crying about that, and ignoring the plight of the american indian.

TOS.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with remember the bad things that happened in past so that it don't happen again. But you don't have to bring it up as an excuse for everything you don't agree with today. You are just using it as a rubber crutch.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There is absolutely nothing wrong with remember the bad things that happened in past so that it don't happen again. But you don't have to bring it up as an excuse for everything you don't agree with today. You are just using it as a rubber crutch.

Would you tell that to the jews?

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't hear the Jews whining like you do all the time.

You are kidding right? Every jew complains about the holocaust constantly. Like YOU said, "get over it already".

Those are your words.

The "mission" systems were nothing more than SLAVE CAMPS for indians. Thousands upon thousands of indians were killed at each "mission" in california by the friars. The term used at the time was "subjugation".

The indians were ENSLAVED by the "missions" and forced to convert or be killed. The indians were unpaid slaves and when they rebelled by burning down the "missions", they were hunted down and killed.

Indian women were raped, little indian girls were sold to the sex trade by the "missions".

The "missions" tortured non converters in front of the other slave indians in order to convince them to convert and stay enslaved.

There was a reason they were called "missions".

That "mission" was to take over the land, occupy its people, forced religion upon them and enslaved everyone as subjects for the king and spain.

They dont teach this to kids in school, instead, they teach kids that the "missions", "pueblos" and "ranchos" were places of honor.

History knows them to be places of horror, genocide and extermination.

Before mexico won its independence from spain, indians had a death rate of 86% under the control of the "missions".

Hundreds of thousands of indians died from shasta county all the way down to Mission San Diego. Indians tried fighting back only to face certain death.

When the ranchos were created afterwards, the indians suffered even more death and extermination, and soon, the white europeans came began a system of genocide to rid the land of all "redskins".

These are facts. Ugly as they may seem, we should never forget. It was worse than the holocaust.

TOS.

rod

Retired 22 years
Are you upstates twin? Trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with you is like talking to a brick wall. No one is saying that the holocaust or the Indian wars or slavery or any other terrible time in history should be forgotten----just that it isn't MY fault or YOUR fault so it isn't necessary to play the race card or the Oh woe for the Indians or Jewish people in EVERY post you make.

oldngray

nowhere special
Are you upstates twin? Trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with you is like talking to a brick wall. No one is saying that the holocaust or the Indian wars or slavery or any other terrible time in history should be forgotten----just that it isn't MY fault or YOUR fault so it isn't necessary to play the race card or the Oh woe for the Indians or Jewish people in EVERY post you make.

He can't help it. He is a bigoted racist. And a troll.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I didnt make a claim for the "indians" and I didnt make a claim for the jews. What I commented on, was the scheduling of a wedding, at a place that was the source of so much death and human indignance.

How does somebody celebrate life at a place that celebrated death in its creation.

Simple to understand if you keep it in context.

TOS.

rod

Retired 22 years
I didnt make a claim for the "indians" and I didnt make a claim for the jews. What I commented on, was the scheduling of a wedding, at a place that was the source of so much death and human indignance.

How does somebody celebrate life at a place that celebrated death in its creation.

Simple to understand if you keep it in context.

TOS.

I guess some people just have the ability to find beauty in places that others only see the dark side of. There was a time I wouldn't have given you a nickel to see Vietnam again but now I would love to go back.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I guess some people just have the ability to find beauty in places that others only see the dark side of. There was a time I wouldn't have given you a nickel to see Vietnam again but now I would love to go back.

I understand where you are coming from, but i speak from a point of view that is mostly ignored by most americans.

The indians suffered greatly from the "mission" system, and I do not visit them, promote them or honor them. If it were "my" choice, I would have them ALL TORN down.

Only in america would people wish to visit such horrific places of death and call them "historic".

Like anyone would do the same with german concentration camps.

TOS.

TOS.

It's not your place to judge.