Calling all maintenance mechanics for hands on test questions!

McPaulie9292

Whats goin on fellas?!

Dont know my way around this forum at all so if i posted in the wrong section, my bad....
Anyway, the UPS hub near me is looking for PE maintenance mechanics.
They cant find anyone in company who can pass the test so they’re hiring outside. I applied, took the test, passed, and now I am taking the hands on test on monday. They need night shift guys so I was told by the supv they wont be too strict on the grading portion, I can always be taught and as long as Im mechanically inclined and know electrical.. which I do...

That being said, does ANYONE know what the hands on consists of? Specifically the electrical/mechanical parts of it? Would like to have some idea of what Im walking into!

Thanks boys.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Whats goin on fellas?!

Dont know my way around this forum at all so if i posted in the wrong section, my bad....
They cant find anyone in company who can pass the test so they’re hiring outside. I applied, took the test, passed, and now I am taking the hands on test on monday. They need night shift guys so I was told by the supv they wont be too strict on the grading portion, I can always be taught and as long as Im mechanically inclined and know electrical.. which I do...

That being said, does ANYONE know what the hands on consists of? Specifically the electrical/mechanical parts of it? Would like to have some idea of what Im walking into!

Thanks boys.

Judging by the rate at which our PCs wind up getting repeatedly red-tagged, I doubt you really need to know much.

Star B

White Lightening
It's plant engineering mechanics. Extendos, conveyors, wiring, etc.
2eduzro.jpg

Question 1:
When the work you did causes this, what do you do?
a) Claim responsibility
b) Find an unloader and claim they overloaded the belt
c) Hide in the store-room and read nudie mags
d) Blame a driver for not delivering quick enough.

McPaulie9292

Thanks alot for the help guys ....

But it got rescheduled for this morning, and I just passed by a few points, supervisor was very lenient since Im unfamiliar with the sequence of operations UPS uses and that im young and teachable, so all is well.... got the interview with HR on Tuesday and a piss test, than could possibly start the day after ..

Ill do the world a favor, for whoever googles this test

1. Identifying parts laying on table mostly used on conveyor system and elec controls
2. Measure and cut conveyor belt using step by step instructions provided (supv will check measurements after and grade)
3. Change and adjust 2 sprockets and chain off motor under conveyor system .. answer series of questions about how to perform certain maintenance tasks on conveyor after.
4. Describe electrical components in “bucket” which is essentially a disconnect box with HV fuses, motor starter, OL protection, transformer, etc .. than troubleshoot and find issues with said “buckets”.
5. Wire up 3 phase 480v motor
6. Weld & use cutting torch

Dont ever say I never did anything for ya

Chester

Whats goin on fellas?!

Thanks boys.
You came to the wrong place, nothing but whiners and wannabe comedians here.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
2eduzro.jpg

Question 1:
When the work you did causes this, what do you do?
a) Claim responsibility
b) Find an unloader and claim they overloaded the belt
c) Hide in the store-room and read nudie mags
d) Blame a driver for not delivering quick enough.
Tell them to get back to work, the fire will put itself out.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Judging by the rate at which our PCs wind up getting repeatedly red-tagged, I doubt you really need to know much.

Since the company eliminated cover mechanics Summers are really tough because of all the vacations, if your truck comes up for a PM just before it’s mechanic goes on vacation you may be without your truck for a bit.

Either that your your shop does not like you or your supervisor,manager etc.

At my center, same difference. If its mechanical, it routinely breaks down.

Stuff breaks, especially abused old UPS stuff

Thanks alot for the help guys ....

But it got rescheduled for this morning, and I just passed by a few points, supervisor was very lenient since Im unfamiliar with the sequence of operations UPS uses and that im young and teachable, so all is well.... got the interview with HR on Tuesday and a piss test, than could possibly start the day after ..

Ill do the world a favor, for whoever googles this test

1. Identifying parts laying on table mostly used on conveyor system and elec controls
2. Measure and cut conveyor belt using step by step instructions provided (supv will check measurements after and grade)
3. Change and adjust 2 sprockets and chain off motor under conveyor system .. answer series of questions about how to perform certain maintenance tasks on conveyor after.
4. Describe electrical components in “bucket” which is essentially a disconnect box with HV fuses, motor starter, OL protection, transformer, etc .. than troubleshoot and find issues with said “buckets”.
5. Wire up 3 phase 480v motor
6. Weld & use cutting torch

Dont ever say I never did anything for ya

Most important question, are you in a IAM shop or teamster shop?