Calling all maintenance mechanics for hands on test questions!

djemy

Thanks alot for the help guys ....

But it got rescheduled for this morning, and I just passed by a few points, supervisor was very lenient since Im unfamiliar with the sequence of operations UPS uses and that im young and teachable, so all is well.... got the interview with HR on Tuesday and a piss test, than could possibly start the day after ..

Ill do the world a favor, for whoever googles this test

1. Identifying parts laying on table mostly used on conveyor system and elec controls
2. Measure and cut conveyor belt using step by step instructions provided (supv will check measurements after and grade)
3. Change and adjust 2 sprockets and chain off motor under conveyor system .. answer series of questions about how to perform certain maintenance tasks on conveyor after.
4. Describe electrical components in “bucket” which is essentially a disconnect box with HV fuses, motor starter, OL protection, transformer, etc .. than troubleshoot and find issues with said “buckets”.
5. Wire up 3 phase 480v motor
6. Weld & use cutting torch

Dont ever say I never did anything for ya
Could you tell about the first test you took on a computer

m3389

But it got rescheduled for this morning, and I just passed by a few points, supervisor was very lenient since Im unfamiliar with the sequence of operations UPS uses and that im young and teachable, so all is well.... got the interview with HR on Tuesday and a piss test, than could possibly start the day after ..

1. Identifying parts laying on table mostly used on conveyor system and elec controls
2. Measure and cut conveyor belt using step by step instructions provided (supv will check measurements after and grade)
3. Change and adjust 2 sprockets and chain off motor under conveyor system .. answer series of questions about how to perform certain maintenance tasks on conveyor after.
4. Describe electrical components in “bucket” which is essentially a disconnect box with HV fuses, motor starter, OL protection, transformer, etc .. than troubleshoot and find issues with said “buckets”.

what about the written test? what would you recommend studying the most. Ill be taking the test soon

Lou G

I'm scheduled to take the hands on in about 2 weeks. Is this still the same hands on test that they give people coming in? Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it!

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm scheduled to take the hands on in about 2 weeks. Is this still the same hands on test that they give people coming in? Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it!
As far as I know it hasn’t changed.

What you won’t be taught or told how the Safety Culture in the UPS Plant Engineering lacks integrity, both from the hourly side and the management side.

Rigid compliance to all Safety Training is an absolute necessity no matter who you piss off. And trust me if you are rigidly compliance you will piss both your coworkers and direct management off often.

Let them be pissed because their bad habits and cowardice, they try to impose their BS on others and this is IMHO what puts the young inexperienced Maintenance Mechanics at most risk of catastrophic accidents and fatalities.

LuisE27

Can you tell me what the hands on consisted of? I’m scheduled to take it in two weeks. Thanks