Can't fire me!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I ended up quitting, going back to school, and becoming a developer. Now I'm a 1337 code warrior breaking people's web pages.

But in all seriousness I made the right decision quitting. I found being a driver extremely stressful and it made me mad. Would get mad busting my ass only to get rewarded a random pickup or 20 stops off another driver, having a messy pile of unsorted boxes everyday because your hub is incompetent, and getting done at 7 or pm every day. Just too stressful for me and couldn't handle it. The job was not for me and I did UPS and it's customer's a favour by quitting.

My buddy was on the full time manager route and also found it extremely stressful. But what management role isn't? He also quit and now he's a cop.

I like my new job. He likes his new job. Sometimes it's better to just let it all go, take a chill pill, and go find greener pastures somewhere else.
I don't work there anymore either.

10:30 resi

I ended up quitting, going back to school, and becoming a developer. Now I'm a 1337 code warrior breaking people's web pages.

But in all seriousness I made the right decision quitting. I found being a driver extremely stressful and it made me mad. Would get mad busting my ass only to get rewarded a random pickup or 20 stops off another driver, having a messy pile of unsorted boxes everyday because your hub is incompetent, and getting done at 7 or pm every day. Just too stressful for me and couldn't handle it. The job was not for me and I did UPS and it's customer's a favour by quitting.

My buddy was on the full time manager route and also found it extremely stressful. But what management role isn't? He also quit and now he's a cop.

I like my new job. He likes his new job. Sometimes it's better to just let it all go, take a chill pill, and go find greener pastures somewhere else.
You are going to need to change your display name. Perhaps @SeasonalEmployee or something like that would be more appropriate

Last edited:

But I thought you were an Unloader "4 lyfe"?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

IMG_5818.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

I don't work there anymore either.

This job isn’t for everyone.

Steamer

What's the craziest thing you've gotten away with at UPS? As an unloader, I managed to get away with angrily throwing boxes out of the trailer and even flicking off and cussing at various sups. (because friend them) And as a driver, Throwing boxes at customer locations more than once, giving customers attitude more than once, Flicking off people as you carry a box across the street, not delivering misloads, dr'ing stuff that cannot be dr'd, giving alcohol boxes to a minor, not doing certain pick ups, having lots of missed stops, etc. I'm a baaaaad upser. I'm sure there have been worse though.
You sound more like management to me. Being a failure at RPCD to become a manager with this kind of attitude towards others as you see it from another perspective. Because you couldn't hack it being a driver. :chaseups: