Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
So, our insurance costs over $27,000 per family?

I don't know, what does it cost? I'm in NorCal and we don't have Teamcare, seeing as how I pretty much never have a co-pay and my insurance covers everything I figured I was in a Cadillac Plan

Hadjabear

I'd like to see changes to vacation selection. I've had two other union jobs and this is the only one that has everyone pick all there vacation for the following year.

Yes I'm low fulltime seniority, I get that I won't have summer vacation for a while, what annoys me is that with summer out, there is start of the year and end of the year for vacation but since I'm towards the end to pick vacation how can it be expected to plan a vacation in Jan or Feb if I don't know I have the week off till mid to late December, on top of getting wife's vacation to line up.

I'd like to see this
Week's are available 52 weeks out to request off and will be open for requesting for 8 weeks, at the end of 8 weeks seniority dictates who gets it off. After 8 weeks if vacation for it is still available for the week it becomes first come first serve.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree that the vacation selection process needs to be changed, but not as you suggested.

The selection would take place in several rounds:

Round 1---everyone chooses 2 weeks.

Round 2---everyone left chooses 2 weeks.

Round 3---everyone still here chooses their remaining weeks.

Inthegame

I agree that the vacation selection process needs to be changed, but not as you suggested.

No problem for you changing the procedure as you're on the way out the door.
The only fair way to open weeks is to incentivize senior employees by increasing pay for non-summer weeks. Remember senior employees also had to wait for summer weeks. Changing the system now, screws those guys.

Hadjabear

All this fixes is availability for low seniority folks and makes it worse for those that want to take all their vacation at once.

My issue is why do we select all our vacation at once, and the timing of current way leaves no planning for low seniority people.

Another option is to allow for more people off per week. Or even vacation during peak, they already hire seasonals just get a few more to help cover vacations. I'm sure there is no shortage of applicants.
And for inside employees there shouldnt even be a limit to how many can be off, just allow for double shifting. Smaller Centers maybe limit if they only have 1 sort or only a handful of employees but in large hubs there is never a shortage of those willing work an extra shift

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
No problem for you changing the procedure as you're on the way out the door.
The only fair way to open weeks is to incentivize senior employees by increasing pay for non-summer weeks. Remember senior employees also had to wait for summer weeks. Changing the system now, screws those guys.
Only way I could see a possibility is to pick the "extra week" in a second cycle. But Dave is out of his mind if he thinks senior employees would go for his plan.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Memorandum of Understanding

Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union) and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be considered to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half hour guarantee. This shall not affect an employee’s right to a minimum three (3) hour daily guarantee.

To include:

A part-time employee reporting for work at their scheduled start time, and not put to work
shall receive 1/2 their daily guarantee without having to file a grievance.
(show-up pay)

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

anHOURover

I'd like to see the union repect a members vote and not sink to the level it did last contract. Take that to the boston bully and ugly sweater

clean hairy

Memorandum of Understanding

Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union) and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be considered to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half hour guarantee. This shall not affect an employee’s right to a minimum three (3) hour daily guarantee.

To include:

A part-time employee reporting for work at their scheduled start time, and not put to work
shall receive 1/2 their daily guarantee without having to file a grievance.
(show-up pay)

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-
UNLESS the employee shows up and is asked if they would like the day off due to overstaffing. If the employee agrees, they do not get paid the show up money.
If an employee is asked if they would like to leave early and take pay actual, the employee forfeits the right to the 3 1/2 hour guarantee.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'd like to see the union repect a members vote and not sink to the level it did last contract. Take that to the boston bully and ugly sweater

With this post....what article of the contract, are you trying to address ?

You've mentioned "gray areas" of Article 40.

Which ones ?

-Bug-

MostHelpNeeded

Premium pay, either time and a half or double time for ALL work done on Saturday or Sunday. Going Tuesday - Saturday is a concession. Nevermind trying to stop it, that won't work. It's coming either way. Why aren't we demanding compensation for our sacrifices?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Premium pay, either time and a half or double time for ALL work done on Saturday or Sunday. Going Tuesday - Saturday is a concession. Nevermind trying to stop it, that won't work. It's coming either way. Why aren't we demanding compensation for our sacrifices?

There has been alternate schedule language in place for some time now.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
3 weeks vacation after 5 years instead of 10
We get 3 weeks vacation after 5 years, but then it takes 10 years to get the 4th vacation week. Be nice if they fill that 10 year gap with another vacation week
1 year 1
2 year 2
5 year 3
15 year 4
20 year 5
25 year 6

Status
Not open for further replies.